Contemplating 7

Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited November 2016 in Newly diagnosed

Just wanted to share with you, who know what I am talking about, that today is the seventh anniversary of my diagnosis and I am teary, sad, contemplative, thankful and many other emotions!

I remember the day in every minute detail as if it were yesterday. I have come a long way since and made many new friends and sadly lost a few too, in the BC world. I usually get on with life,  and can only think that 7 is a significant time that has passed.

Perhaps my thoughts were triggered by the mammogram I had on Tuesday at BreastScreen Tas- that is my first return there since they found the tumours and I breezed in. Composed, happy and thankful.

It was over in no time and didn't hurt at all, that trusty remaning right breast did what it was meant to! But when I got back to my car I burst into tears- just "nerves" as my mum would say!

This morning I awoke with a feeling of such mixed emotions that my darling husband did not know how to cope asking what had HE done? Dear man.

I sobbed out what was getting to me and now I must get on with the day. I await the all clear from this mammogram, I await new things happening in my life, I await meeting up with friends, making new ones and I await the cure. No woman should have to endure breast cancer, it robs you of that blissful ignorance that tomorrow stretched forever.

In exchange we are granted the vision to see each day as precious, a gift to be used wisely and richly.

Love you all, Mandy

Tagged:

Comments

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015

mandy that is great , even if you did make me cry with you ha ha, i fully understand the emotions, sadly it hangs over our heads all the time, deeply hidden at the back of our minds is the fear will it return. 

i am only at the four year since diagnosis mark and every test or Doctors visit brings it all back, i talk to allot of new women and it is so hard as i know exactly what they are feeling emotions wise. even though everyones journey is different we can empathise with them. 

i too have friends fighting the fight and have lost some good friends too, so each hurdle jumped is a major bonus,  you have reach a great milestone i cant wait to get to the 5 year mark at the moment. 

a hug from me for you and tell hubby my husband has simalr problems ha ha and there is nothing thye can do it is so hard for them too. 

if you want a laugh read Leonies comment re her chemo and being toxic loved it.

stay well and we are all here for you  and hubby anytime. and a good cry now and then does us good x Fran

• Custard
    edited March 2015

Ohh thanks Fran, yes the 5 year all clear was magic but 7?? I must be mad! xxx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Congratulations on your 7 year mark.  It never leaves us does it.  I am going to make it fade a little from my life once I am free of this year.  In saying that I am going to be out there spreading the word more so.  What I am trying to say, I think, is that I am not going to structure my life so much - just in case it comes back!!!!  I nearly drove everyone mad (mostly my husband) trying to squeeze everything about life into NOW.   I think I might try and fl....o....w more. Take care Mandy - I still think of you each day whilst I am completing my diary. XLeonie

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAVE 7th BIRTHDAY DEAR MANDY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....... AND MANY MORE...XXXX

CONGRATULATIONS YET AGAIN FROM FRAN HEE HEE

• chemostyle
    chemostyle Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015

I am living my life as you describe ... and learning my way each day ...

"In exchange we are granted the vision to see each day as precious, a gift to be used wisely and richly."

• Custard
    edited March 2015

I am so glad the diary is of use, and it is lovely to know we all care and look out for each other! Maybe we can meeet up at the Forum in Melbourne in August although that would casue a HUGE stir cos we'd be so noisy lol.xxx

• Custard
    edited March 2015

Yes a celebration as well. Tomorrow is 7 years + 1 day and chins are up!

• Custard
    edited March 2015

I am so glad, I do too. That makes days like today "mad" really. Ah well, tomorrow is a fresh one, and the sun is shining. You take care! xx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015

Hi there Mandy ... congratulations on reaching this marvellous milestone in your B/C journey.  I know I was so happy and relieved when I passed my 1st anniversary, so I guess you've been doing cartwheels all day !!!! (the mind boggles but who cares LoL )  Not too many people can relate to those of us who actually enjoy the aging process. 

I've applied to attend the forum in August .... it would be great if we could all meet up again ... 1st anniversary of the August 2010 C/L training - do you think they are ready for us ?!?!?!?

Take care of yourself and continue to enjoy your beautiful autumn views.

Luv ... Shirl xx

• Custard
    edited March 2015

Ta Shirl, I am brighter today.. roll on 8! xx

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Hey Mandy! Congrats on the milestone.  Isn't it funny how emotions can go up and down when you least expect it?  Well, maybe not funny, exactly. :P

Hope the sun shines for you today, too. :)

• Custard
    edited March 2015

Thanks Di, yes our brains are wired oddly! I am ok now...I think lol.

• Debbie J
    Debbie J Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2015

7 years, congratulations .  I am new since March this year, so many emotions and fears.   I hope I am here in 7 years to tell my story. Big hugs Debbie.