One son supports his mum through Footy

Kirsten_BCNA
Kirsten_BCNA Staff Posts: 57
edited November 2011 in General discussion

We are in such a privileged position to work at BCNA.  Not only do we get to meet inspirational women who share their stories and experiences with us, we also get to meet and work with their support team.
I could not resist but to share how one son in our Network supports his mum. 
Jack is the son of one of our volunteers, Kate.  Jack has been running an annual footy tipping competition, with proceeds to BCNA, since 2004 when he was just a young boy. After his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, he decided he wanted to do something to help. He came up with this terrific idea. He raises hundreds of dollars for us each year and the number of people in his competition grows each year.
You don't have to know anything about AFL football to enter - in fact those who know the least often do the best!

How to play:
Entry fee is $20 for the season.  You can join by logging into www.footytips.com.au and then clicking on the Competitions tab and searching for Jack's Footy Tipping. You'll see his name - Jack Lidgett - beside it. There are instructions on how to pay by direct debit under the Properties tab on the competition page.

So if you would love to be a part of this great initiative then join the comp and extend the invitation to your friends and family - the more the merrier.

Comments

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015

Thanks for sharing this Kirsten - what a wonderful idea. I will show my Daughter.  She is 9 and has been spending a lot of time on here looking at your fundraising pages wondering what she could do.  Being a girly girl she loves the merchandise.  I have suggested that they may want to do a mini field of women at school in October but not sure about this as there isn't info yet on the site about 2011.  I think she would be keen to try the footy tipping - we might enter as a family and debate among ourselves the AFL again!

• MandaMoo
    edited March 2015

Thanks for sharing this Kirsten - what a wonderful idea. I will show my Daughter.  She is 9 and has been spending a lot of time on here looking at your fundraising pages wondering what she could do.  Being a girly girl she loves the merchandise.  I have suggested that they may want to do a mini field of women at school in October but not sure about this as there isn't info yet on the site about 2011.  I think she would be keen to try the footy tipping - we might enter as a family and debate among ourselves the AFL again!

• MandaMoo
    edited March 2015

• Kirsten_BCNA
    Kirsten_BCNA Staff Posts: 57
    edited March 2015

I think the family tipping is a great idea!  My suggestion for your daughter is to start small and build up.  We are always here if you want to float any ideas with us too.

I do think that starting with the tipping will be a great start.

Cheers Kirsten