Lumps & Bumps

Gweneeee
Gweneeee Member Posts: 1
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed
Lumps & Bumps,

It's a horrifying shock when you first discover one in your own body. You never in your life think seriously that you would become a victim to this word "cancer" that is so commonly talked about and is a curing right here in our own backyards.

They say in 10 years there will be an increase of 15% of people diagnosed with breast cancer...That's a shocking prediction and why/ what causes this up rise???

I have surgery tomorrow and so looking forward to be rid of this 3cm cancer lump hopefully once and for all...

Cross fingers.
Tagged:

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    All the best for your surgery tomorrow.I had mine about 6 weeks ago,and am now into chemo.What surgery are you having.I had a mastectomy and found it not bad at all.The recovery was not painful,and I have had no other problems.Just rest as much as you can,and let people spoil you if you have that choice!Blog back on here and let us know how you go.Thinking of youxoxoxoRobyn.
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    All the best for your surgery tomorrow.I had mine about 6 weeks ago,and am now into chemo.What surgery are you having.I had a mastectomy and found it not bad at all.The recovery was not painful,and I have had no other problems.Just rest as much as you can,and let people spoil you if you have that choice!Blog back on here and let us know how you go.Thinking of youxoxoxoRobyn.
  • fionaf
    fionaf Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Wishing you all the best for your surgery - I had bi-lateral mastectomy in May this year with tissue expanders immediately and found I recovered very well - it is somewhat of a good feeling to have the lumps gone - will be thinking of you. Take care
    Fiona
  • fionaf
    fionaf Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Wishing you all the best for your surgery - I had bi-lateral mastectomy in May this year with tissue expanders immediately and found I recovered very well - it is somewhat of a good feeling to have the lumps gone - will be thinking of you. Take care
    Fiona