hi team

moira1
moira1 Member Posts: 449
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

Well yep a weekhas passed.  Karyn Speed and i have met with our local paper who has taken some photos, and is going to print our story of BCNA in the local papers, so look I forward to seeing that, and they have said they will help all they can in getting the word out there, one of the things suggested they are going to print the paper on pink paper the week before we do our mini field of women(yet to be decided). Another lady (who was going through cancer the same time as me, came in to say she was holding a "quilt in the garden," where her mum is showcasing some of her quilts, with a devonshire tea out in the farm, with a gold coin donation, she was really please i had attended the course, so we are going to have our information at that as well,And as she like me had no kind of support, i have told her to log in and join us on the networl.  looking forward to hitting the community (not literally) with our wealth of information we picked up at the course. will keep you all updated, and would love to see what everyone else is up to, ideas are always good.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Fantastic girls. I'm still thinking of how I am going to approach the local paper.XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015

Fantastic girls. I'm still thinking of how I am going to approach the local paper.XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015

Hi all, we had our local show on the weekend - I turned our trade display pink, plastered ladies and balloons all over Terry's tanks and pumps.

The Elders Ambassador opened the show  ...... Glen Mcgrath.  He came over and spend half an hour so of course I got a photo opportunity.  During the day people were coming and asking if they could buy (but I gave) pink ladies so they could get Glen to sign them.  He was happy to do so.  I told him what I was planning and he wished me well (he even signed a stubby cooler for me)

Have been to Bakers Delight in Mildura run by Ann Smart ... she gave me a pile of $1 discount vouchers for me to give out at the show and to use whenever I had something on.  I also received B /D bags to use to make up info packs.  Droped in to the local Sussans store to say hi .... lovely girls there, they showed me the pins and bracelets done by Sussans for BCNA.

Had a chat to the Mayor at the show and have a meeting lined up with her to get Council involved in October at the Field of Women I'm planning for Wentworth.

The 2010 NSW Rural Women's Gathering is being held here on 29 - 31 October, so I am meeting with their committee to co-incide the Field of Woman with the last day of their Gathering.  There will be over 300 women taking part in the Gathering so it should be good.

So far I have four business places interested in having points of sale for merchandise and also decorating their shops.... and that's just for starters.

Will be going into Mildura on Wednesday (Dr, blood tests, physio) but will be dropping brochures in to a couple of people who have asked for them and going to the Sunraysia Cancer Resource Centre to see the co-ordinator to keep her up to date with what I've been doing.

Another busy week and it has only just started......

Cheers .... Shirl xx

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015

Fantastic work Shirl,  You will get us all motivated to catch up to you. XLeonie

• Cazz
    Cazz Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015

The photos from the show were great. So glad it went so well for you. Fancy Glen McGrath being there. What a bonus. You are so busy. I'm only just getting started but you have inspired me to get out there and do some talking. Good on you!! Caren x