New to the group

the Foxs lady
the Foxs lady Member Posts: 119
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed

I'm new to this group.

Really would like to meet someone in the Mackay area. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Sorry I'm not from Mackay but I welcome you to the group anyway. Not that this is a group you really want to belong to. Hopefully someone I'm your area will respond to you. This network is brilliant though for finding that you are not alone. Asking questions, posting your thoughts and just venting. It's a great way to get to know people. Hope your journey is going well.
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Sorry I'm not from Mackay but I welcome you to the group anyway. Not that this is a group you really want to belong to. Hopefully someone I'm your area will respond to you. This network is brilliant though for finding that you are not alone. Asking questions, posting your thoughts and just venting. It's a great way to get to know people. Hope your journey is going well.
    Love Janey xxx
  • the Foxs lady
    the Foxs lady Member Posts: 119
    edited March 2015

Thanks for your welcome.

So far no one from Mackay has been in touch.

I'm a little overwhelmed by the lack of TNBC people that I find in the real world.  Fortunately I have connected with this group and quite a few groups on Facebook which are all based in USA but have contacts throughout the world.

Until joining those groups and this one, I had only made contact with 3 women who had TNBC and they were all stage 1 or 2.  I was beginning to think that there were only a very few "survivors" out there.........

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    I had two lumps in my left breast and they were different types of cancer. One was Oestrogen and HER2 positive and the other was TNBC. I have not been able to find anyone else who has had two different cancers at the one time in the same breast. It did make me feel rather isolated but I now look at the cancers separately. I've been treated for both types and told that chemo deals with TNBC well where as the other (E+ & HER2+) one doesn't respond well to the chemo hence me now having Herceptin and Femara for the hormones ongoing. I also had DCIS thoughout my left breast after the lumpectomy and now have had the double mastectomy and reconstruction. My results from this is all clear. I am looking onwards and upwards now and consider myself a survivor.

Keep your chin up and a positive attitude. I really think it helps.

Cheers
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Because I had a mastectomy, according to my oncologist, I don't need to have radiation. So now all I'm carrying on with is the Herceptin, three weekly for another nine months and Femara tablets every day for 5 or possibly 10 years. Hopeful that will be it. I'm looking forward to no more treatment. Having my double mastectomy and immediate reconstruction was a decision I made to get it all over and done with at once. I don't regret that decision although it's been hard going on my body this past week at home. I hate being an invalid and helpless but I know I will improve everyday.

Good luck with your first surgery my dear. Lots of love to you.

Janey xxx