BCNA

Options
Mich x
Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

I was chatting to a friend  recently and telling her about the fantastic support available from BCNA. She had lost her husband to cancer and asked me how come there is so much support for Breast Cancer but not as much for other types of cancer (this isn't the first time I have heard this comment).

I told her the story about Lyn Swinburne and how she started BCNA because she identified the need for women to connect and support each other through their shared experience, sitting at her kitchen table folding her newsletter with help from family and friends. I talked about how the Gillespie's then offered the Bakers Delight Premises and how amazing things happen when people work together with a common goal. 

Reflecting on this story made me realise how fortunate we are that these incredible people who selflessly gave so much so that we can have a better outcome from our BC experience. Thank you also to all the compassionate and generous people who now make up the BCNA family and keep it growing!

(I have been asked to post this on behalf of one of our pink sisters and I was so happy to do so as I agree totally with her thoughts and feelings)

We luv u guys and are so grateful for all that you do.

Lots of love today, tomorrow and always, Mich xoxoxo

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase" Martin Luther King Jr.

Comments

• Laura Crowden
    Laura Crowden Member Posts: 109
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mich,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely post. Hearing that kind of feedback really means such a lot to all of us in the office.

It's wonderful directly from one of our members that we really are making a difference and helping women through their breast cancer diagnosis.

And it's so true about people working together to make amazing things happen. Lyn and Bakers Delight are such an inspiring example. But we also see examples every day with our Online Network members and Community Liaisons making such a difference to other newly diagnosed women.

So thank you to you, and to your pink sister!

Laura xox