TAC advice please

LeeS
LeeS Member Posts: 128

Hi Ladies,

Please keep an eye out for my gorgeous girlfriend who is about to start chemo in September. She is hopefully joining our online network tonight...Not sure what her online name will be...She will be having TAC. So, anyone with words of wisdom and gentle, honest encouragement please keep an eye out for her posts.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Tagged:

Comments

• Pip45
    Pip45 Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2015

Hi LeeS

I had 6 rounds of TAC last year and got through it okay , the benefit with this regime is that you usually from what i understand get the neulsta injection ( i think thats how its spelt)the next day which builds up your white cells again.

I have heard that it is  tough  to have that combination in chemo, but i  got through it without any serious problems.

I will look out for her posts .

Pip xx

• Pip45
    Pip45 Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2015

Hi LeeS

I had 6 rounds of TAC last year and got through it okay , the benefit with this regime is that you usually from what i understand get the neulsta injection ( i think thats how its spelt)the next day which builds up your white cells again.

I have heard that it is  tough  to have that combination in chemo, but i  got through it without any serious problems.

I will look out for her posts .

Pip xx

• hailey
    hailey Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015

I have just finished 6 treatments of TAC about six weeks ago.  Definitely agree with Pip about the needle.  I also took Amend for the first three days of the cycle.  I kept a journal of side effects to talk about with the nurses each treatment - neuopathy, nausea, weight gain and exhaustion were my most common side effects, but everyone is different.  Take it a day at a time and don't be afraid to talk to the nurses.

:-)

• Roby
    Roby Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2015
    Hi

I too finished 6 rounds 8 months ago. Fatigue was the worst part. I was very particular about following all advice. Not a walk in the park but would do it again at the drop of a hat if it was advised.

Regards

Robyn
  • Roby
    Roby Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2015
    Hi

I too finished 6 rounds 8 months ago. Fatigue was the worst part. I was very particular about following all advice. Not a walk in the park but would do it again at the drop of a hat if it was advised.

Regards

Robyn
  • LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Great words. Thanks Girls.x