new to blogs

robbieb
robbieb Member Posts: 16
edited November 2016 in Newly diagnosed

Well I am new to this blog, but will give it a go.

Things are happening fast - last week had Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound, and they did a core biopsy as well.  Suspicious area shown, treating as breast cancer. Now to see Surgeon in a day or so to find out when the surgery is to happen.

Tagged:

Comments

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015

Hi Robyn, Welcome to the Best Breast Cancer support website EVER!!!  The website we all wish we didnt need but do. If you know what I mean.

Sorry to hear about your diagnoses. Yes it all happens fast once something suspicious is discovered. But that is the way it has to be...hit it fast. Sometimes things dont move along fast enough..we all have to learn to be a bit of patience.

I'm sure you would benefit from a McGrath Foundation Breast Care Nurse if you have one in your area. They are brilliant and can help you so much.  Its all alot to take in at first so take someone to your appointments that can support you and take notes as you will probably not remember a thing afterwards.

I always make a point of getting a copy of every test result so I can study it and have it on hand if I need a second opinion.

I have had a right mastectomy and Full axillary clearnace of lymph nodes of right armpit on 29th Oct 2010. Started Chemo on Christmas Eve. I find this website the best place to spill your feelings and ask advice from the people who have been there and done that.

Take care and be kind to yourself as you're NO 1 priority. Gather all your support around you.

Chrissy D :)  {{HUGS}}

• Christine Denniss
    edited March 2015

Hi Robyn, Welcome to the Best Breast Cancer support website EVER!!!  The website we all wish we didnt need but do. If you know what I mean.

Sorry to hear about your diagnoses. Yes it all happens fast once something suspicious is discovered. But that is the way it has to be...hit it fast. Sometimes things dont move along fast enough..we all have to learn to be a bit of patience.

I'm sure you would benefit from a McGrath Foundation Breast Care Nurse if you have one in your area. They are brilliant and can help you so much.  Its all alot to take in at first so take someone to your appointments that can support you and take notes as you will probably not remember a thing afterwards.

I always make a point of getting a copy of every test result so I can study it and have it on hand if I need a second opinion.

I have had a right mastectomy and Full axillary clearnace of lymph nodes of right armpit on 29th Oct 2010. Started Chemo on Christmas Eve. I find this website the best place to spill your feelings and ask advice from the people who have been there and done that.

Take care and be kind to yourself as you're NO 1 priority. Gather all your support around you.

Chrissy D :)  {{HUGS}}

• robbieb
    robbieb Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2015

Thank you so much for your warm welcome and advice.  The nurses sound good, will check it out.

How long were you out of action after the mastectomy?

I look forward to being friends and supports to one another.

Hope the chemo you have started isn't too aggressive.

take care,

Robyn

• Christine Denniss
    edited March 2015

Hi Robyn, Me again. I was out of action about 3 - 4 weeks to get my arm back into action. Still doing the exercises. I had my parents come to stay as my husband had to work (someone had to bring in the money). They stayed 5 weeks.

Make sure you have button up front tops and shirts/Pj's as you wont be able to dress yourself. I didnt have expanders or reconstruction as I made a descision not to as I have had my children they have served their purpose. I really would like the left one removed to make it even and not lop sided. I have no pain at all and have a wonderful lady surgeon.

My thoughts and good vibes are with you for tomorrow, fingers crossed and lots of hugs.

Chrissy D :)

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Hi Robyn, just wanted to say welcome to the site and good on you for giving blogging a go -- it's a fun thing once you get used to it! :)  Hope you enjoy the site, just shout if you need a hand with anything. Best wishes for your tests and results.

• Smiley_30
    Smiley_30 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015

Hi Robyn

Welcome to the Site....Wishing you all the best in your results and your treatment.

xoxo

Smiley