Perth Women

trudymae
trudymae Member Posts: 6
edited November 2016 in Community news and events
Hi. I have established this group for women located in Perth who have been diagnosed recently, currently undergoing treatment, or finished their treatment. In my search for information following my diagnosis I have found it difficult to link into a local support base. I am hoping that this is the start of one for local Women. Maybe in time we will get to meet.
Tagged:

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 325
    edited March 2015

Hi Trudymae. I've had the same problem connecting with others in Perth.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Alison

• trudymae
    edited March 2015
    Just found out about the dragon boat club. Sent off email to find out about membership. Looks very exciting and just what I need to kickstart my new lifestyle.

Am now day 7 post BMX. Surprisingly after all that I had expected am pain free and down to two drains in backdue to lat Dorsi with TE reconstruction. 8 were a bit much to take. Only real discomfort is from the two co2 canisters implanted on either side of my "cleavage" and some back blisters from allergy to tape used.

Looking forward to visit from grandchildren today but wondering how to keep them off Bette and Belle!

Happy Australia Day

Trudy xx
  • trudymae
    edited March 2015
    Just found out about the dragon boat club. Sent off email to find out about membership. Looks very exciting and just what I need to kickstart my new lifestyle.

Am now day 7 post BMX. Surprisingly after all that I had expected am pain free and down to two drains in backdue to lat Dorsi with TE reconstruction. 8 were a bit much to take. Only real discomfort is from the two co2 canisters implanted on either side of my "cleavage" and some back blisters from allergy to tape used.

Looking forward to visit from grandchildren today but wondering how to keep them off Bette and Belle!

Happy Australia Day

Trudy xx
  • JudithS
    JudithS Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015

Hello trudymae,

from what I can gatther, there is not a lot of groups to get involved in/with in the Perth metropolitan area.  Or maybe I haven't looked properly.  It sounds like you have had just a bit on your plate recently.  The Bette and Belle intrigues me and are they what I think they are?

All the best for your treatment.

Judy

• JudithS
    JudithS Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015

Hello trudymae,

from what I can gatther, there is not a lot of groups to get involved in/with in the Perth metropolitan area.  Or maybe I haven't looked properly.  It sounds like you have had just a bit on your plate recently.  The Bette and Belle intrigues me and are they what I think they are?

All the best for your treatment.

Judy

• playwithhair
    playwithhair Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015

Nice work, Trudie!

Perth is one of the most isolated places in the world, and feeling down and unwell does the same thing to a gal - so it can be a tricky double whammy for people who have cancer. Keeping everyone in touch with eachother is super helpful!

I joined the site to offer assistance and help wherever I can, especially to ladies in Perth - If you gals have hair questions about hair, hairloss, maintenance, hairdressers, styling or anything of the sort - just let me know. There's no such thing as a silly question and we're Perth based so always happy to help.

Please note that we're not here to 'push' our products in any way and I will only respond to messages for links if requested, all information will be unbiased and based solely on my long term experience in the industry, being able to respond and help make life even a smidge easier for someone is why I am here! :D

• tan_g
    tan_g Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2015

Hi Everyone.

Im booked for a Bilateral Mastectomy a week from today.  12th March. Does anyone know much about Dr  Peter Willsher ? Or plastic surgone Edward Van Beem?

Also where do i get a bag to hold my drainage thingys in while im in hospital?

Any other advice before i go in?

xx

• Emma T
    Emma T Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Hi Tan, I am so sorry I have only just seen your post :( How did your surgery go? I hope all went well. I had my breast reconstructive surgery on 12 March - only days after you! We were probably in hospital at the same time! My breast surgeon was Peter Willsher and my plastic surgeon was Tony Connell. They are both excellent surgeons and I have heard good things about Ed Van Beem too.
    My recovery is going really well and I am loving my new boobs!!! One of the best things I have done in this crazy journey!
    Take care,
    Em
    X
  • MellyMoo
    MellyMoo Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Hi there
    Did I read that u had a mast/recon with Edward van germ at the mount.
    I have a referral to see him and would love to hear about your experience.
    Kind regards
    Mel
  • trudymae
    edited March 2015

Sorry Ladies - I have not been on this site for ages as have been very busy with my grandson's - Harvey the Coureagous Lion Lovering -   cancer journey.  He eventually passed away on 8 June aged 3 years and 10 months not from his brain tumour but from the bloody common cold.  As you can appreciate it has been a very difficult time but certainly puts things in perspective.

I hope to be in a better place in 2014 and will get back to doing what I intended when I started this site. 

Be warned Tony Connell is an absolute perfectionist......I love my new boobs (which I now feel are part of me and not "foobs"!) but he keeps on fiddling with them - hopefully on my next visit (next week) he will also be happy.