Greet

Greet
Greet Member Posts: 4
edited October 2016 in Community news and events

I am interested in joing your friendship group. I have just returned to Adelaide after  26years of living interstate and overseas.

Have kept the truth from family for 5 months even pretending to still be living overseas  when in fact I had returned to Adelaide for further treatment.

Have only recently  told family and feel like I have ploaced a great burden upon them.

Thank you  

Tagged:

Comments

• JENNIFERJ
    JENNIFERJ Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2015

DEAR GREET, YOU ARE MOST WELCOME IN OUR GROUP OUR NEXT GET TOGETHER IS MAY 22ND 12 NOON AT BILLY BAXTERS NORWOOD. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A SCHEDULE MY EMAIL IS jenny.marsland@aapt.net.au AND I WILL SEND YOU OUT ONE. SUCH A BIG THING FOR YOU TO CARRY ALONE HOPE YOU FEEL A LITTLE BETTER NOW ITS OUT IN THE OPEN. IF YOU EVERY WANT TO MEET UP ANY OTHER TIME I WOULD BE HAPPY TO CATCH UP IN BETWEEN GET TOGETHERS. I HAVE BEEN OFF WORK SINCE EASTER I HAD THE LAST OP FOR MY RECONSTURCTION AND HOPE FULLY GO BACK TO WORK ON FRIDAY. XXX JENNY 

• JENNIFERJ
    JENNIFERJ Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2015

DEAR GREET, YOU ARE MOST WELCOME IN OUR GROUP OUR NEXT GET TOGETHER IS MAY 22ND 12 NOON AT BILLY BAXTERS NORWOOD. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A SCHEDULE MY EMAIL IS jenny.marsland@aapt.net.au AND I WILL SEND YOU OUT ONE. SUCH A BIG THING FOR YOU TO CARRY ALONE HOPE YOU FEEL A LITTLE BETTER NOW ITS OUT IN THE OPEN. IF YOU EVERY WANT TO MEET UP ANY OTHER TIME I WOULD BE HAPPY TO CATCH UP IN BETWEEN GET TOGETHERS. I HAVE BEEN OFF WORK SINCE EASTER I HAD THE LAST OP FOR MY RECONSTURCTION AND HOPE FULLY GO BACK TO WORK ON FRIDAY. XXX JENNY 

• Greet
    edited March 2015

Hello Mich,

I realise the impact my illness is having on the family and I have still to tell my youngest sister. I truly wish I had never told anyone it dosen't change my siuation and my family seem to be neutral about what I've told them. 

Thank you for your kind thoughts

Sincerely

Ivy Greet

• Greet
    edited March 2015

Hello Celeste,

Thank you for your missive I read your blog story and  the one thing that truly resonated with me is the line in which you tell readers that  BC is  going to be with you for the rest of ones life, it's not something that allows women to 'put it behind them and move on with their lives'.

Having finally told my family  about my condition ( and granted they have only known  for a week where as I have known  5 months) they all seem to be implying whether silently or verbally that I need to move on and put it behind me. I realize I must always show a public face to family and never, ever speak about it or show any emotions. I relaize that this is my familys way of dealing with the BC.

Nobody has asked me 'How are you managing?' Bearing this burden has had a heavy toll on my mind and body there are days when I don't know where I will find the strength to keep being strong. There are days when all I want and need is to have someone close to lean on. But I now realize that is selfish and I must learn to toughen up.

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Hello Ivy, I'm sorry to hear that your family are not coping well with your diagnosis. This can be a common reaction to such sad news. They simply put their heads in the sand and pretend it isnt happening, which isnt helpful at all to us :(I dont believe you have to "toughen up". BC is devastating. Its impact is enormous and life changing, and the need for support is very real for most people. Please do not feel you are alone. We are here to support you and for you to lean on xx