Amazing weekend!!

Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited March 2013 in General discussion

200 men and women attended the Ongoing Journey conference put on by the Tasmanian Breast Cancer Network with gratefully accepted guidance and assistance from BCNA.

Maxine, Marita and Daina attended and all who were their have been informed and empowered by what they heard and saw.

The mystery party went well and as well as having fun, some great new friendships have been formed.

A mini field which was planned to be held in the City Park at the Breast Cancer Rose Garden had to be held indoors due to some heavy showers, but with a choir of 50+ performing several relevant songs, together with the attendance of friends and families and local dignitaries it was MAGIC!

Phew!

Comments

• dmed
    dmed Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Was a great weekend . Good now to have the online group as well. Loved that had a great sense of knowing that am not alone and that these events give such good information out there to help on this journey we are on.
  • dmed
    dmed Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Was a great weekend . Good now to have the online group as well. Loved that had a great sense of knowing that am not alone and that these events give such good information out there to help on this journey we are on.
  • Custard
    edited March 2015

Ha ha Leonie, If I can do it you CERTAINLY can do it, and yes I could give hints and tips. Boy am I tired though. Hope you are well now and the weather has settled now it is Autumn. XX

• Custard
    edited March 2015

and a great way to keep in touch with like minded women all around Oz! Glad you could make it to The Ongoing Journey and learnt lots. BCNA wants to support and inform! xx

• Custard
    edited March 2015

Thanks Kathy

It was a lot of work over a long time period but was all worth it because of the women who attended. There is always something we can learn. I am recovering from the head cold (I felt dreadfully congested and out of sorts) and will bounce back to being my old self in a few more days, I am sure! Take special care, Kathy. x

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015

Wow, what an achievement ... you have really outdone yourself Mandy. The work you have put in since we spoke about it in Sydney in Oct is truly amazing. You had a few self doubts then but you over came them, planted the seeds and the flowers grew.

Congratulations on a job well done ... now you can write the instruction manual and we can all follow in your footsteps :)

What are consultantcy fees these days ... well in excess of $250 an hour???? The world is your oyster !!!!

Much love

Shirl x0x0x

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015

This is one of the photos Mandy sent in the lead up to the Mini-Field of Women :-)

Great work Mandy and committee it was a fantastic Conference:

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015

I had a head cold also, possibly in early stages at the Conference. Feel better now, but had a couple of miserable days. It was great to meet those visiting from Tasmania and other states. All in all, you and the Committee dotted all the I's and crossed all the T's...

Well Done.

P.S. I am in that photo somewhere in the middle.  ox

Hello to Daina and Maxine; was great to meet all of you too. ox.

• Custard
    edited March 2015

Ha ha Shirl, I don't think there is aenough money in anyone's budget to pay for my expertise lol.

Thnaks for your comments, hugs received. xxx