Come a long way.

Joanne1957
Joanne1957 Member Posts: 35
edited October 2016 in Community news and events

I've just reread my one and only post, and my word, it feels like  a long time ago.  It seems like a whole life has gone past in the last nine months.  The panic attacks lessened after the initial shock.  Then the six sessions of chemo were the hardest thing I've ever been through. A mastectomy, followed by eight weeks of an infected seroma.  Today is the last day of six weeks of radiation .  I've not posted, but this site has been invaluable to me.  Whenever I was in need of help, there was always somebody going through the same emotions, who were brave enough to write about it.  Thank you ladies.  I am in awe of you. 

Comments

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015

Hi Joanne,

Lovely to see your smiling face ( Was the photo taken recently I wonder ?) Congratulations on finishing active treatment also. Hope all goes well for you.

Thank YOU for sharing and I am sure your comments will help someone else going through treatment.

I might see you at the Launceston Conference,

I will tell you now, I am good with faces, but terrible with names and getting worse, LOL . I will write your names down before the Conference; hopefully it will help.

Cheers, Kathy.

• Joanne1957
    Joanne1957 Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2015
    Hi Kathy

I look forward to meeting you too. The photo was taken just before my diagnosis. I'm using it to remind me to smile, I will get my hair back. Right now it's a short grey curly crew cut. I hope the have name tags. Cheers Jo

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015

I look forward to the 2 day conference too and will be going on my own, so very keen to meet you all!

Bel Mc

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015

I look forward to the 2 day conference too and will be going on my own, so very keen to meet you all!

Bel Mc

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015

Bel Mc