Mildura Forum

Options
ShirlO
ShirlO Member Posts: 350
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

Hi all, this is my first attempt at this so I don't know where it will end up so bear with me.

I attended the Mildura Forum a couple of weeks ago and had a great afternoon.

I didn't know what to expect, but I left there in a better "place" than when I arrived - if that makes sense.

I was interested in  Community Liaison and applied to attend the training program in Melbourne, and am delighted that my application was accepted.

Is anyone else going?

Comments

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi ShirlO

Firstly congratulations that you are going to be a community Liason, yah for you. I was asked to attend too, but sadly I have too many committments with young children and a business at home. I would have loved to have gone, but fingers crossed that I get get to the next one. You will enjoy it. I hope the Melbourne weather if good this time of year.

Secondly, glad you enjoyed the Mildura forum. I have attended two BCNA forums now and like you, have walked about feeling good about my future and definately armed with much more knowledge than I had before.

Enjoy.

Tanya
  • Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi ShirlO

Firstly congratulations that you are going to be a community Liason, yah for you. I was asked to attend too, but sadly I have too many committments with young children and a business at home. I would have loved to have gone, but fingers crossed that I get get to the next one. You will enjoy it. I hope the Melbourne weather if good this time of year.

Secondly, glad you enjoyed the Mildura forum. I have attended two BCNA forums now and like you, have walked about feeling good about my future and definately armed with much more knowledge than I had before.

Enjoy.

Tanya
  • ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Tanya, yep it was a brilliant few days ... met some great ladies and the BCNA girls are wonderful.  we went to the office yesterday afternoon and - were your ears burning - heard all about you!!!!  I've signed up to do what you are doing on line by way of support etc.

Only been home a few hours and badly need a nanny nap.  I prom ised myself I wouldn't get on here ... but you know how it is !!!

Cheers .... Shirl

• Kathy_BCNA
    Kathy_BCNA Staff, Member Posts: 101
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Shirl

It was great to meet you at the BCNA offices when you and your fellow Community Liaison trainees called in for afternoon tea on Friday. I'm glad you enjoyed the training and the opportunity to meet other women from around the country. Hopefully some new friendships will result.  I was quite inspired by the passion and enthusiam of the group - you will all make fantastic Community Liaisons. I hope you enjoy your CL work in your community .

Kathy