Travelling for treatment

Annie Gayed
Annie Gayed Member Posts: 204
edited February 2014 in General discussion

Hi all,

I hope you had a restful holiday period.  I have been away for 5 weeks, and returned to work on Monday. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things!

I thought I would jump on here and let you know that the Queensland Government has doubled the amounts payable under the state’s Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme from January 1. This means that those of you in QLD who have to travel more than 50km for treatment will get more money back, to help you meet your travel costs.

If you don't live in QLD, there are subsidies in the other states and territories, although we think they're pretty inadequate at helping people meet the costs of travel and accommodation for treatment.

For more info on the subsidy schemes, check out  BCNA’s Patient Assisted Transport Schemes (PATS) fact sheet.

In wrapping up, I'd love to hear from you if you have had to travel for treatment. How far did you have to travel and how much did it cost? Did you get any money back from the Government? What impact did travelling for treatment have on your life?

~ Annie

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Thanks for the info Annie.  I was aware of these changes.  It sure is long overdue and will be very beneficial for rural and remote patients. Good to "see" you back XLeonie  PS  I am feeling so well - back to regular exercise and weekly personal training sessions.  Yeh!!

• Annie Gayed
    Annie Gayed Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015

Thanks for the comment Leonie - it's so good to hear you are feeling so well! Exercise is such good medicine isn't it? For body and mind.

A x