My PINK journey

julieann4
julieann4 Member Posts: 4
edited October 2012 in General discussion

Really not sure where to start. Well I suppose this is a start...

Comments

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015

Hi julieann,

WELCOME youve made a start, so you just have to keep going tell us about whats happening,thats what we did at one stage in our journey you just need to do the next step. Ask anything say anything thats what we have all done. So welcome welcome to the gang.

Regards adean

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015

Hi julieann,

WELCOME youve made a start, so you just have to keep going tell us about whats happening,thats what we did at one stage in our journey you just need to do the next step. Ask anything say anything thats what we have all done. So welcome welcome to the gang.

Regards adean

• dmed
    dmed Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Yes just getting started shows how easy it is to talk.to people who are on the same journey as you.
  • helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015

Welcome to the network!  As my dear friend Adean has said you have made a great start.  Here is a place that is safe for you to ask questions, blog about your journey, your feelings or vent if you'd like to.  We've all been on the journey or are going through it at the moment, so you'll find many women here ready to help.

I finished my chemo in May and I'm working now part time but still trying to recover.  I had a pretty aggressive, large tumour and the type of cancer was a bit unusual - called mucinous carcinoma - it's an invasive type of bc.  Had a mastectomy in Nov last yr and then months of chemo - mainly FEC.

I live in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne - where do you live?  Are you near a hospital that is treating you?  I was lucky - I was only 10 mins from the hospital which was handy for the family.

Have you got some support at home?  Family?  Friends?  Support is really important - not only for practle (?) things but also for you emotionally.  That's where we can step in too - the network - we're here to help, so do keep that in mind. 

Anyway welcome again and keep in touch.

Luv Helen

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015

Hi Julieann,

It looks like some of the beautiful ladies have already welcomed you but I just wanted to pop in and say Hi as well :-)

If you need a hand finding your way around just shout otherwise see the Help section of the website which might give you some tips: http://www.bcna.org.au/node/476

Cheers, Daina

• julieann4
    edited March 2015

Thankyou Helen, I was pretty happy to see a couple of welcome's from other women. I live in Adelaide and yes I am only 10mins from clinic. Great support from family and friends. The only sad thing is that my son lives in melbourne with his dad. Ben plays tennis in melbourne, so it is so difficult to always see each other, as he is playing in tournaments and club tennis..

I go to visit once or twice a year and stay at his place (when his dad and step mother are away). that way I can take him to school and watch him play tennis. Ben is 16. My daughter Nikola (19) lives with me in Adelaide and she is a wonderful strong person, very supportive and positive.

I have my first appointment with my oncologist tomorrow. 4 weeks since LB mastectomy. Everything has happened so fast, as I was diagonised 7 weeks ago. I suppose tomorrow will be discussing when chemo starts etc....

Well you never know, our paths my cross one day in Melbourne

Thank you for taking the time to write

Luv Julieann  xx

• julieann4
    edited March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to welcome me

Love Julieann

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015

Hi Julieann,

It's me jumping in again! I just saw that you are from Adelaide and thought you might like to connect with some others who formed a friendship online and face-to-face group - you can find it here: http://www.bcna.org.au/group/9280

Cheers,
    Daina

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015

Welcome to this site...hopefully it will help to make you feel less alone. I was sorry to hear about your BC diagnosis...it's a terrible disease and it takes time to get used to the fact that it has rocked your world! I also live in Adelaide and was diagnosed with BC in 2008. I started the Adelaide Breast Cancer Friendship Group. We are an informal group of ladies who meet fortnightly, so if you'd like to meet other Adelaide ladies who are on the same journey, please feel free to come along and say hi. We also share our group on Facebook and display all up and coming events there too. Here is the link if you are interested.

https://www.facebook.com/AdelaideBreastCancerFriendshipGroup

Are you having chemo? I hope your first appointment with the Oncologist went ok.

Take care, Celeste?

• JENNIFERJ
    JENNIFERJ Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2015

Hi Julieann, It's been a long time since I have come on so nice to meet you . Hope fully we can meet face to face as Celeste has said we have get togethers.  Hope you are doing ok as I read you also have an  Angel in  Heaven looking out for you... Take care xxxxxx

• JENNIFERJ
    JENNIFERJ Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2015

Hi Julieann, It's been a long time since I have come on so nice to meet you . Hope fully we can meet face to face as Celeste has said we have get togethers.  Hope you are doing ok as I read you also have an  Angel in  Heaven looking out for you... Take care xxxxxx