Still Recovering

Options
Gayle Taylor
Gayle Taylor Member Posts: 93
edited October 2012 in General discussion

Well, its been a month since my radiation treatment finished, Ive had the port removed ( no stitches) and Im so so. I have days, god and bad. For the 2 weeks after treatment, I burned up from the inside out pretty bad! I became so red, and dark, my skin blistered and i was lathering on the cream they gave me, and the ISOGEL to cool it. It was worse under my armpit where the scar is. I then began to peel in sheets for about a week, it was disgusting! Now, Im a nice brown tan, all over the top quarter right side of my chest. Its beginning to fade and under my arm is more comfortable.

Amidst all that, we moved into our lovely home with a view over the ocean. I lifted, and moved stuff around, did what I shouldnt have, and yes, Lymphodeama flared up! Ive had to work really hard at getting the swelling down, as I dont want a sock on! Im off to Traralgon to see my Radiologist tomorrow, and she has threatened me that if its still not up to her standard, she'll put one on me! And with the weather becoming warmer, its a bit hard for my hands and fingers not to swell. Oh well, we'll see.

Im on antibiotics again for another bladder infection. I havent had one for months! Hubby and I got a little carried away the other morning, so... um... yeah, well ;) It was worth it tho! hahahaha.

Hope your all doing well!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the update.Too much information in your last sentence! But,hey,glad to hear you are having some fun -especially with your hubby! We've been in our new house for 1 year now but I can remember being exhausted from the move.You tend to go go go like a crazy woman and then find you are aching in all sorts of places.Do you massage your arm? Take it easy now and look out at your ocean view.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the update.Too much information in your last sentence! But,hey,glad to hear you are having some fun -especially with your hubby! We've been in our new house for 1 year now but I can remember being exhausted from the move.You tend to go go go like a crazy woman and then find you are aching in all sorts of places.Do you massage your arm? Take it easy now and look out at your ocean view.

Tonya xx

• Gayle Taylor
    Gayle Taylor Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yeah, i was great moving things in and out, but afterwards, ached all over. I had my review with my radioligist yesterday, she wants to do a arthritis test as my bones are really sore. If that comes back ok, she'll do a bone scan. I'll have the 1st test on the 15th. Hope it hasn't metastisised! I'll be devistated! Hope your all well, you look great! My hairs still short, but quite thick. Take care :)

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

We always think the worst don't we.I've had a sore groin/hip for the last 9 months.I was worried about mets but an xray showed nothing.Had a few months of physio and it has improved.It has to be from moving house so try not to stress.Glad your hair is coming in nice and thick.For some reason my fringe was the slowest bit to grow.The curls took about 18mths to drop out and then I was looking like my former self.Sounds like radiation was abit hard on you towards the end.It sure takes awhile to reclaim your body back but you'll get there.Let us know how your tests/scans go on the 15th.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

We always think the worst don't we.I've had a sore groin/hip for the last 9 months.I was worried about mets but an xray showed nothing.Had a few months of physio and it has improved.It has to be from moving house so try not to stress.Glad your hair is coming in nice and thick.For some reason my fringe was the slowest bit to grow.The curls took about 18mths to drop out and then I was looking like my former self.Sounds like radiation was abit hard on you towards the end.It sure takes awhile to reclaim your body back but you'll get there.Let us know how your tests/scans go on the 15th.

Tonya xx