New Diagnosis and waiting

Options
SoldierCrab
SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
edited September 2012 in General discussion

Hi all,

this is my first post. diagnosed 6th Sept awaiting Second opinion ... only public patient so feel a bit powerless within the system. Would like help to compile list of questions for this Wednesday coming for my appt. Feel overwhelmed by it all. Live regional NSW and I am carer to 2 boys with Autism/epilpsy etc.

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry about your bc diagnosis but welcome to this site.You will find info and support here from ladies either going through this journey or like me,come out the other side and rejoined the human race.It's very scary and overwhelming at first- puts you in shock.Are you getting a second opinion from a surgeon? You need to feel confident/comfortable with your surgeon.I've actually had breast cancer twice(in the same breast).First time(2003)I had a lumpectomy,full node clearance and radiation.The second time(2010)I had a mastectomy and chemotherapy and now on Tamoxifen for 5yrs. I am pleased to tell you that I am fine now and enjoying my life.Blog back here and let us know what you have been told so far.We can then think of questions you might ask your ?surgeon on Wednesday.As far as being a public patient,you are still a person and have rights.I had one op in a private hospital ,the other in a public hospital and I can tell you that I got better care in the public.So try not to worry about that.It must be hard living in the country and travelling long distances.This network is great for women such as yourself.You can "chat"here any time of the day or night and someone will be here- you won't feel so alone.We all know what you are going through.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry about your bc diagnosis but welcome to this site.You will find info and support here from ladies either going through this journey or like me,come out the other side and rejoined the human race.It's very scary and overwhelming at first- puts you in shock.Are you getting a second opinion from a surgeon? You need to feel confident/comfortable with your surgeon.I've actually had breast cancer twice(in the same breast).First time(2003)I had a lumpectomy,full node clearance and radiation.The second time(2010)I had a mastectomy and chemotherapy and now on Tamoxifen for 5yrs. I am pleased to tell you that I am fine now and enjoying my life.Blog back here and let us know what you have been told so far.We can then think of questions you might ask your ?surgeon on Wednesday.As far as being a public patient,you are still a person and have rights.I had one op in a private hospital ,the other in a public hospital and I can tell you that I got better care in the public.So try not to worry about that.It must be hard living in the country and travelling long distances.This network is great for women such as yourself.You can "chat"here any time of the day or night and someone will be here- you won't feel so alone.We all know what you are going through.

Tonya xx

• SoldierCrab
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya thanks for the support.

FNA biopsy left Axilla... Metastatic Adenocarcinoma

Core Biopsy left breast infiltrating ductal carcinoma of no special type.

Oestrogen and progesterone receptors are positive

Her2 Neu negative (score 1+)

3cm mass LB, 2.4cm in Axilla

Left Breast 3 masses 6mm,9mm and 2.2cm .

I have seen a local surgeon who only wishes to remove left breast and maybe chemo.

We have 2 surgeons in town ... seen one

Due to my circumstances I wish both my breasts removed. I have enough stress dealings with the boys autism without further surgery later....

Does that make sense.

I have major allergies, osteoporosis and anaemia, IBS

I dont reconstruction re my allergies and I am  happy to have both removed.

I want to have surgery and what ever else is needed to get well again.

thanks Crab

• SoldierCrab
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi Sharon, thanks for your support yes the shock and numbness are horrible. I have a faith which I believe will help me thru this Journey. My Questions are not about my faith but about the way forward. I am sure we will support each other as we walk this journey. Crab