First contact

pat.conchie1
pat.conchie1 Member Posts: 9
edited September 2012 in General discussion

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I went to see my lympheodema therapist (a must for me after flying), and told her about our activities this week.  She knew about BCNA, but not much about what we do.  So, I did my first CL information session while lying on the table.

There are now information packs about "My Journey" and "Helping a Friend or Colleague with Breast Cancer" in her waiting room.

She suggested that we combine and have a lympoedema and BCNA information night with a little fund raiser included.  Very exciting!!  We are having a phone conversation today or tomorrow to start the planning.

Hooray!  We are so welcome out in the community here.

Also, she wasn't listed in the Local Services directory for our area, so I added a new listing:

BN2 Health in Bateau Bay

Comments

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015

Congratulations Pat - that's excellent news.  Amazing what can come from just one wee small conversation.

You'll have to let us know what type of fundraiser you had in mind....so we can through a few ideas back to you.

Great the brochures are in the waiting room - well done!

I'll start this off with a suggestion :

Assuming the audience have all had some form of breast surgery (hence the reason why they have lymphodema) and the therapist is calling them all together for you to be able to talk to them about the BCNA - perhaps a gold coin donation or $5.00 donation could be asked and some morning or afternoon tea provided - don't forget BCNA's affliation with Baker's Delight.  I'm sure they would be happy to provide something.

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015

fantastic Pat. Well Done. 

:-)

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015

fantastic Pat. Well Done. 

:-)