Field of Women - Sunday 20th August 2023

Options
Mez_BCNA
Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 874
edited September 2023 in Community news and events

We have a date!!! The Field of Women is back, and we want you to join us

On Sunday 20 August, before the Round 23 AFL Pink Lady match between Melbourne and Hawthorn, over 10,000 people will walk onto the hallowed turf of the MCG to form the Pink Lady.

It’s been five years since the last Field of Women and we can’t wait to stand together once again, united in support of everyone affected by breast cancer and remember those we have sadly lost.

Pre-sale tickets are available for a limited time at 10 per cent off the standard ticket prices. Buy tickets at https://www.fieldofwomen.org.au
Use promo code BCNA10 and click 'Apply Code'.

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Oh I wish I could go. Hope it is a big success. 
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 915
    Options
    @Cath62 I'm going Cath.  Taking my mum and my daughter with me.  
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    That's great @Locksley. I think it will be a very powerful experience. We have come so far from our time in 2020. I still think of you often and really value the friendship we have. It definitely made my time in 2020 easier sharing it with you. 
  • GezR
    GezR Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Booked my tickets this weekend, for the family to attend.  Actually really excited to join and experience. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    Are the pink ponchos available for sale on the day?
  • Mez_BCNA
    Options
    Hi @Blossom1961, I have been advised that the ponchos won't be available to purchase at the event as they come with the Field of Women ticket package which includes standing on the field and the poncho.
  • Mez_BCNA
    Options
  • Mez_BCNA
    Options

This year's Field of Women will  again feature a visual and moving tribute on the big screen to all of those we have lost to breast cancer over the years. If you would like to commemorate someone special in your life lost to breast cancer, please send a high resolution photo and their first name to media@bcna.org.au

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Unable to attend this time!  Fortunate enough to attend the last one, 5 years ago!
    Saw media event promoting Field of Women on Channel 9!  
    It's exciting and highly emotional!
    Enjoy the recognition and reflection 
    Take care
    Fingers crossed for decent weather 
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @iserbrown It is in Victoria. We will have decent weather for part of the day. Four seasons a day.
  • Mez_BCNA
    Options
    Here is our Field of Women schedule for the day. Arrive no later than 12 pm midday if you don't want to miss anything.

There's still a few tickets available via the link you can buy a virtual spot in support https://www.pinkladymatch.com.au/

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    All the best to everyone attending the Field of Women - and those who've worked tirelessly behind the scenes, to get it up & running again ...... have fun, enjoy the camaraderie and put faces to the names and safe travels for those coming from outside Melbourne xx ;) 
  • Kristen
    Kristen Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Saw this when i was looking to see what time and if any of the pre match stuff will be broadcast live.
    ( No mention re live- but i will make sure telly and socials are all open by 12.45)It was fun watching it last time and feel part of the  action.)
    Yep - i have bought some virtual seats.

"You can watch the event on TV (through Channel 7 and Fox Footy) and follow our updates on Breast Cancer Network Australia’s Facebook page or our @BCNAPinkLady Instagram page and Twitter feeds."
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @Mez_BCNA I am not sure if the Melbourne FC will allow it, but next year could we access the field from both sides to make it quicker. I started to fill unwell standing in the sun for that length of time and there were others in the early stages of treatment so standing in the sun would not have been good for them. It was a good day.
  • Mez_BCNA
    Options
    @Blossom1961 will pass on the feedback to the Field of Women team as I know the sun did shine brightly when it was time for everyone to stand on the field. Glad you had a good day too. I feel very honoured to have been part of it