Risedroneate sodium tablet

Pommy8
Pommy8 Member Posts: 128
Is anyone taking RISEDRONATE for osteopina if so how you going on it .
Dr recommended it for me.
Thanks x

Comments

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Hi I took fir 12 months and no issues.
    Have now moved to Xgeva .
    Main thing is to get a full dental check up as having a tooth extraction while in this can have severe consequences.
  • Pommy8
    I'm taking my 1st one tomorrow I'm so scared more nervous than taking my hormone tablet for bc.
    Also seeing side effects especially when I feel healthy .
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Don’t fret , side effects are not bad for this drug and most won’t get any .
    If you do, your medical team are there for you .
  • Pommy8
    edited November 2023
    Hi just been in for another endoscopy as last one oshopgus very red this time still red but not as bad which I'm happy about.
    They were saying I might have to come off my sodium tablets for osteopina as side effect can give you oshopgus cancer.
    IThe tablet could be making my oshopgus worse.
    Has anyone said enough is enough and refused prolia jab or anything for osteopina?

I do take letrazole been lucky side effects but with having osteopina before I started them likely get osteoporosis. 
    Just seems one tablet cures one thing and starts up another.
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    @Pommy8. I was osteopenia before all this BC stuff. I have stayed that way so far but due for new bone density soon. Hope it stays that way fingers crossed. 
    I Hope you find a suitable solution with out too much drama. Your Drs should be able to come up with something. 
  • Pommy8
    Had my endoscopy yesterday found out today biopsy is for Barrett's syndrome do hoping it's not but have to stop medication for osteopina now talk of me having an infusion or prolia jab as always reading side effect scary.
    Has anyone had either and if so how you going?
    This Dr pushing for infusion but I know other Dr I see said no way I don't give that to my osteoporosis patients so confusing. 
    Feeling sorry for myself today as I thought doing well with my medications and now got the stress of starting something new.
    Feels like you start a medication cures what your taking it for but you start with something else.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    As to Prolia injection. 
    My sister has Osteoporosis and she's due for her 3rd Prolia injection.   They are every 6 months.  No side effects present!