Friday Funnies

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    This made me laugh ....

• arpie
    May be an image of text that says Ive been in bed for 20 minutes and Ive just remembered I only came upstairs for a pen
  • arpie
    Or even before I start ......

May be an image of text that says NOT TO BRAG OR ANYTHING BUT I CAN FORGET WHAT IM DOING WHILE IM DOING IT
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540

• arpie

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say 
  • Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 851
    Hi everyone,

Thought I'd just jump in the thread as I know some of you have posted images or screenshots before that don't appear to work (example of error message below):

The technical team gave me really good insight as to why it happens and how you can avoid the issue (refer below):

In terms of that missing image, I couldn't say for sure, but it looks like  it could be a private image from Facebook. Since it's private, and we don't have the necessary permissions, we're unable to see it. It's also possible the image was subsequently taken down or deleted, but based on the "URL signature expired" message at the above URL I suspect it's a permission thing.

Whenever you're using a third-party to host an image, such as in this case, you're entirely reliant on that third-party in order for that image to remain visible. If they delete it, or restrict access, there's no way for Vanilla to recover it since the image is not technically hosted on our servers (even though you're trying to view it from within a Vanilla discussion).

Generally speaking, the best practice whenever sharing images is to download them to your computer then drag & drop them into the body of your post. This will upload them directly to Vanilla's servers and avoid these sorts of issues. This is the best approach, especially to ensure that the image remains available in the long-term. 
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Too funny 😁 
  • arpie
    This is VERY much me, tomorrow night!  LOL

• arpie
    VERY true!  Mine has an 'early alarm' button that ALWAYS goes off before my designated 'get up time' ...

• arpie
    @iserbrown .... MY Calendar is my Brain!!  If I don't write it on the calendar, it just isn't done!

• cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    I know a few of these.
  • arpie
    haha, good one @cranky_granny- I had to look at it twice!  ;)