Second time

Pammy46
Pammy46 Member Posts: 162
Hi everyone it’s been a long time I’ve been busy moving states babysitting grandkids and work! Living life to the fullest. 
Had my annual scans last Monday and bam after 6 years I have a new cancer in second breast.🥹 first cancer In right breast was IDC grade 1 stage 1, pr and pg positive her2-lumpectomy, 6 weeks radiation and tamoxifen. Had full hysterectomy 2 years ago. I see breast surgeon next Tuesday I’m just so deflated. As far as I know from biopsy it’s same a R breast was IDC but don’t know anything else. The waiting is unbearable and I just don’t know what steps come first I’m presuming surgery first.. I want a double mastectomy. Any info if you’ve been down this rd will be awesome xx

Comments

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,103
    Hi I am not exactly in your boat but was diagnosed with a 5.5cm lobular tumour in left breast that was not picked up 
    on a mammogram 12 months prior - I felt the lump .
    I had to have a mastectomy and decided to “do the double “ as I wanted to have DIEP flap reconstructive surgery and wanted it all done and dusted.
    My surgeon said there was a 10  percent chance it would come to the right breast if I just let it be and I know many would  take those odds but I decided not to.
    I am now more than 2 years from my diagnosis and more than 12 months on from the reconstruction and very happy with my decision.
    it’s very personal and only you can make  it after weighing up the pros and cons.I did talk to a number of people including my breast care nurse and a lady who had done it.
    If you are thinking of reconstruction ( many ladies happily go flat) then ask to join the private Choosing Breast Reconstruction group on here.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Pammy46 -  Bummer! Not fair! I wish I could speed up the clock to make your appointment with the surgeon next Tuesday come more quickly.

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Been there, recurrence 10 years after my initial diagnosis. 
    My circumstances are a bit different, I'd had a double mastectomy and the shitting thing came back in my armpit. Still classed as a local recurrence and not metastatic, which was a relief but bitter sweet.
    That was 6 years ago and I'm still here.
    Hang in there, do the stuff. It sucks and it's not fair, but you are still you, you've done it before, you can do it again if you have to.
    Mxx

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    So sorry to hear this news, @Pammy46 xx.  That really sucks.  The waiting sucks too.  :(  All the best with your surgeon next week xx. Take care

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,268
    Best wishes @Pammy46. Not the news anyone wants. Keep busy in the meantime. Sending hugs.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    What a so and so!  If you do have a  Mastectomy would you consider reconstruction?
    Here's a link to explore

https://www.reclaimyourcurves.org.au/home.html

Best wishes 
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Hi @Pammy46
    So sorry to hear your bc news.I’ve had a similar journey- lumpectomy and radiation left breast 2003 then a recurrence in same breast 7 yrs later so had to have mastectomy n chemo.
    Lopsided for 12 years until I couldn’t stand it any more and had the other breast off this year- flat as a tack now.
    I can’t say I’m sorry or glad but it’s certainly a lot easier and I’ve cut my risk of getting bc again.These decisions are so hard and it’s such a shitty thing to happen again. I can remember saying‘seriously,really, are you kidding me’!!!!Come on,once is more than enough!
  • Pammy46
    Pammy46 Member Posts: 162
    @TonyaM I know I yelled are you F@&$&$!!
    I guess I find out Tuesday after 6 years!! 
    I don’t want to go down this road again the mammograms the ultrasounds the stress! X
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    @Pammy46, oh I’m sick of the bc road! Hopefully I took a side street and got off it- no more mammos, meds,chemo,radiation 🤞🤞 Best wishes for Tuesday- keep the anger up girl!