Letrozole for the next 10years..

2»

Comments

• Cora
    Cora Member Posts: 110

Locksley said:

@Cath62 your up early.   I found when I was taking it in the morning I would have a lot of joint pain and difficulty moving for the day. 

By taking it at night I figure I'm asleep well mostly asleep so hopefully not too impeeding on the next day.   

I am so slow when I walk I cant walk fast enough for any cardio for exercise or weight loss.  If you were to see me move you would assume I'm 25 years older than I am.

I'm currently having leg pain, foot and heel pain, I still have some neuropathy in my toes.  My legs are twitching.   Once my sleep apnoea is sorted my dr is going to investigate restless leg syndrome.   Sometimes I wonder when will it ever end.

But then I remember all I have overcome and I am happy to be here so I shuffle forward.  

Magnesium tablets is very good for restless leg. Hope that helps
  • msg132
    msg132 Member Posts: 37
    @Julez1958 I have put an alarm in my phone to take the pill - at a time when I know it is easier for me to walk to the kitchen drawer and gulp it down 
  • Pommy8
    Pommy8 Member Posts: 128
    Jesus just Bern to oncologist for script for letrozole which I start taking after radiation.
    My god the side effects more than I thought blood clots,gums n teeth list is endless.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Deep breath, you may never get some of them! 9.5 years on Letrozole, no
    blood clots, no gums or teeth problems, no aching joints, no hot flushes. It has had some side effects, but so far manageable and the end of taking those little peach coloured pills is in sight! For many it’s a balancing act between some side effects and the (unseen) good it may be doing to keep cancer away. One may outweigh the other. Bottom line, you can always stop but I think it’s worth finding out how Letrozole affects you specifically before deciding against the possible benefits. Best wishes. 
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Yes agree - try it and see what if any side effects you get and then discuss with your oncologist  what might be fine to counteract them.
    Best of luck 🌺
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Pommy8

Please try not to get hung up on the list of side effects.   As mentioned Letrozole is available to give us the best shot of mopping and getting us through to a distance from our original diagnosis. 
    Not all suffer side effects but if you find you're struggling there are other Aromatose Inhibitors that your Oncologist may consider 

Deep breaths
    Take care
  • Fernweh
    Fernweh Member Posts: 65
    @Pommy8
    I am almost at the end of week 2 and so far so good. I am actually having less hot flushes then I was having in the last few weeks. 

I understand that side effects also vary between different brands of the same drug, which means that there are plenty of options to switch to if one gives you grief! 

💫
  • Pommy8
    Pommy8 Member Posts: 128
    Thanks ladies been crying for ages as I feel so healthy and just don't want to feel like an old lady not been able to move etc.
    Not the best time to give up drinking lol.
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    You know @Pommy8, every single drug has a list of possible side effects a mile long but it doesn't mean we get them all. Even panadol has side effects. I have been on Letrozole for 2 months now. I was on tamoxifen and it was ok for about a year and a half and all of a sudden I experienced side effects which weren't great so I spoke to my oncologist and had a break for all meds and now taking Letrozole. I had a little joint stiffness in my hands but fish oil has helped that settle. Otherwise so far so good. All you can do is give it a go and speak up if you have any issues. Best wishes