Ancient Membership

Options
CarmelS
CarmelS Member Posts: 268
Gosh, just saw that I had earned this badge in July. I have to say I can remember a time when I wasn't a member here......Eleven years ago I was diagnosed (May) had surgery; Chemo & Radiation. Life then took a sideways step for quite a while as things went pear shaped with reconstruction & I continually chased an end result that I was happy with. Alas this is not something that is going to happen in this lifetime. So life DOES go on; (with a wonky misshapen boob) Kids grow up, friends & family move on, move away, pass away. We change jobs, change ideas, change partners, sometimes for the best, sometimes not for the best. But life goes on; for some of us I guess our lives are going on (& on) because we had treatment, because we took the advice given to us by our doctors, surgeons & nurses & were supported by our friends & family. I am happy to be here to watch my boys grow, mature (eventually) & hopefully one day in the not too distant future have kids of their own. As time goes on I hope to see more & more people achieve this *Ancient* badge. 
Take Care
Carmel

Comments

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,121
    Options
    Hey @CarmelS
    congratulations on achieving “ ancient” status!
    👏👏👏
    🎉🎉🎉
    🍾🍾🍾
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,278
    Options
    That's fantastic and inspiring. Thanks for posting 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Thank you @CarmelS, it is always good to have some positive stories appear as it really does encourage ladies who are on their BC saga at the minute.
    Congratulations on your milestone.  🥂
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    @CarmelS as a fellow 'ancient' I can also remember a time before I'd ever imagined I'd be dealing with breast cancer. 
    Still here. I guess that's the objective. 
    MXX
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Hey @CarmelS and @Zoffiel, I just realized I’m an ancient as well. You are both so right, I’ve just turned 60 and considering I didn’t think I’d get to 50 after my diagnosis, it is a great to be ancient. 
    Sending love to you amazing ladies 
    Paula xxx
  • CarmelS
    CarmelS Member Posts: 268
    Options
    Ha Ha Ha........My kids tll me I'm ancient all the time & I've a few years yet to get to 60 even (which I still wouldn't consider ancient) I think my body feels ancient sometimes but my brain still feels like I've just left school. I do call my old Aunt *the ancient one* but shes turned 92 & accepts the name very much as a badge of honour, still very active, in full command of all her marbles (mostly) & the most wicked sense of fun, I love her. 
    If it wasn't past my bedtime I'd raise a glass to all the *Ancient* ones.
    Carmel  <3 
  • Lyn
    Lyn Member Posts: 5
    Options
    I just checked and I became “ancient” as well in May 2021. Similar story to Carmel with my reconstruction also going pear shaped but after a year of hard work by my surgeon  all turned out beautifully. 

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Something to strive towards
  • patdug
    patdug Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Well said @CarmelS....Congratulations on reaching 'ancient' status!! Here's to being and reaching it!!   :););)