In your gardens

jennyss
jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
I'm hoping to see what's growing in your gardens. Some early spring things anywhere? 

Comments

• Cora
    Cora Member Posts: 110
    Tried attaching a pic taken yesterday, but web page didn't accept it. I'm on FB and have been keeping a log with pictures. Gardening is good fir the soul
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @Cath62 such lovely photos.   I was sad when I saw your gardens flooded.

I've got daffodils out.
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    Lovely @Locksley. Hope you are keeping well xx
  • jennyss
    Dear @Cath62,
    What vibrant colours and beautiful shapes!
  • jennyss
    @Cora, I hope you can have another go at attaching your garden photos. As you say, gardening is good for the soul!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Gorgeous @Annie C .... terrific that you can still have lovely flowers xx

My Desert Roses are growing leaves again ..... 

Sadly, the lovely mini cymbidium my brother gave me after my surgery has 'carked it' and has been removed from my Kitchen Window Sill.  It did SO well for so long .... 

I do NOT have a green thumb!  :( 

• jennyss
    @Annie C,
    I was hoping to have a peek in your Kimberley garden. Lots of beautiful 'magic' with the white orchid bursting into flower, and the garden fairies busily flitting around the garden in their aprons. 
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Haha, then I shall just have to do up a video and post it. In the wet season would be a good time - there is nothing like our wet season after a thunderstorm, the smell of the pindan earth being replenished, the lightning, thunder and when the storm is over the sound of green tree frogs singing up more rain.
    Recently some very good friends have departed our little town and are returning to retire in New Zealand. They were here for twelve years with the Corrections Department being some of the first prison officers to work in the West Kimberley Regional Prison when it opened in 2010.
    Many a fine meal, laughter and good times were spent around our dining table over the years.
    They gave us a small gift to remember them.
    They are confined to the Garden Room because like all good gnomes they wander. Here they are discussing the morning with Boris.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I've just bought a couple of lovely looking grevillieas for the front garden (the previous ones carked it a while back) ..... so hopefully these ones will last longer!! 

Any tips on planting them, other than digging a hole & whacking them in??
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    A hole at least as twice as large as the pot that the grevillias are in. A good shovel full or two of a good mix suitable for native plants, water well, don't fertilise for a month and then only use a fertiliser suitable for natives.
    After all that, pray!

• Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @Annie C Yes I think natives do only like a fertilzer specifically for natives.   Mum had the most beautiful banksia tree.    One time they were away on holidays and I was looking after the garden.  Thought I would give it the same fertilizer as everything else.  I I didnt know any different.   Took maybe 2 or 3 weeks but I managed to kill it.    Made big gap in the backyard garden.    (This is why I stick to bulbs, roses).