Statistics Query

Cora
Cora Member Posts: 110
edited September 2022 in General discussion
I've just read a post & can't find it. I'm still not savvy on this site. My question is what is the  re accurence after 5 years, primary or secondary after 5 years? Does anyone have statistics?

Comments

• GenK
    GenK Member Posts: 65
    Mum’s oncologist had a link to a tool inputting many factors of her particular cancer type, receptors etc to give 10yr stats depending on what treatments were done in part or all. The only issue is the stats are a guide not a definite, everyone is different, but if you want the stats ask your oncologist about the stats specific to your age and cancer markers, they should have access. 
  • Cora
    Thank you.  I have received no pathology reporst, no summary, just verbal information, which at the time, was bouncing off my skull, so didnt have time or brain power to ask questions.  Now I have a list of questions, but it wont be to my surgeon, but from my GP.  I was suppose to have an extended appointment with him and my partner last week, but, because their typist is away sick, they did not have any reports, so I have to wait another week, which is excrutiating, and I dont think its right, I have private health cover, but I reckon this sucks
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    The pathology will change again when you have surgery then they will have all the information to determine next course of treatment 
    Take care
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    You can ask for a copy of your pathology report but I think the most accurate report will be the post surgery pathology. I actually didn't have to ask for it as my surgeon gave it to me. He even highlighted the most relevant bits and talked me through it. Hope you get the same. 
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    edited September 2022
    Predict Breast

The "Predict" tool can be useful.  @Cora the link is above.

• Cora

Predict Breast

The "Predict" tool can be useful.  @Cora the link is above.

Cant find the link, sorry. 
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    edited September 2022
    @Cora the underlined words "Predict Breast" is the link.  Click on that, and it will lead you to the website.  Hope that helps you. :)