Sadly, Olivia Newton-John has passed away, age 73

arpie
arpie Member Posts: 7,521
I was SO sorry to hear this morning that Olivia Newton-John has passed away, aged 73 - I am shedding tears too.

She has been an amazing inspiration to all with breast cancer and a very vocal advocate for the use of alternate medicines (cannabis & cannabis oil) for breast cancer treatment over the 30 years that she had BC, 'specially since the Mets diagnosis 5 years ago.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-09/olivia-newton-john-star-of-grease-dies-aged-73/101313234

Thank you for the music and the inspiration 

RIP Olivia

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I don't usually follow famous people but Olivia brought such joy. I actually shed a tear for this inspirational lady who I have never met.

• Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Such sad news this morning & I too have shed tears over this inspirational women. She was a beautiful soul that touched so many lives. Her public battle with BC always came second to her wish for helping others going through the same journey. Her legacy will live on with her Cancer Research & Wellness Centre. 
    RIP Olivia. Thanks for the lives you touched & the many you have helped. Another angel in heaven xx <3
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,267
    I shed a tear this morning for Olivia and all those with metastatic breast cancer. I thank her for her voice, kindness, courage, compassion and her endless work to help all with breast cancer. RIP 🙏
  • noosa_blue150
    noosa_blue150 Member Posts: 211
    Yes feeling sad today after hearing the news of her passing. She really was quite a icon , did so much for others .
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    I’ve been feeling sad all day about this. She’s been a hope and inspiration to so many and has done incredible work in the field to help others. I think we should continue to live with hope since she lived many years post initial diagnosis 💟. 
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    I agree.  It is very sad for all family and fans to lose Olivia.  A lovely, accomplished and sincere lady.  She battled long and hard with her BC.  Let's all remember that she was in a more prominent and financial position and if we were that fortunate we'd all have accomplished similar as we'd have the same goals.  May she rest in peace.  🌺
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,267
    Just had to add this photo of Olivia.  She was beautiful inside and out, just as we all are 🙏
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Yes an amazing lady who bright so much joy to so many and was an inspiration to all those with breast cancer.
    Rest in Peace.
    🌺
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    A gorgeous song/music Video in recent years of Olivia Newton John
    https://www.facebook.com/robert.lynden/videos/2901984606613586

And a gorgeous photo taken by the same person who directed the Music Video
    May be an image of 1 person standing and ocean