Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Still living with mbc

Angelo
Angelo Member Posts: 33
Hi everyone, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted but the recent loss of Olivia Newton John has had vulnerability hit me hard. I am nearly four years on Ribociclib and Anastrolze and my lung tumor is stable. Life has been good and I’ve been living my best. 
This week however has seen me spiral into a fragile and teary state…. hope has been shattered and I have been desperate to reinstate my happiness. I know this will pass but I felt the need to share and voice my feelings with people who would understand. I’m in need of some positivity from you 🥰🥰

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Great to hear you are doing so well, @Angelo ... just keep on what you are doing, as it is working xxx

I think we've all been badly hit with Olivia's passing - as we all held her up as a beacon of hope - with many tears shed by many members .... as it has made us all feel that little bit fragile and vulnerable again.  :( 

Please contact the help line and chat with them for a bit of emotional support and back up xx

take care xx

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @Angelo,

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Hi @Angelo
    I reckon Olivia’s death would have been triggering for many but on the other hand she survived 30 years following her first diagnosis and also was a role model for living life with a “ glass half full “ outlook.
    We don’t know when our number will be up so I aim to make every day a joyful one ( or as joyful as it can be , circumstances permitting).
    Take care.🌺
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    edited August 2022
    Hello @Angelo, Yes, Olivia's passing is very sad, but your post title says it all - you are :"STILL LIVING with mbc".   As @iserbrown says, Olivia survived 30 years from her diagnosis so we need to keep that in our minds.  Take her positivity and run with it, you will make the 30 years as well.  Hope the weekend is bringing you some fun and happiness to blow the cobwebs away.  Thinking of you.  💖
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    Hi @Angelo , I hope you are having a better day. It was triggering for me hearing about Olivia. What a champion is was. All those years. Stay in the moment. It's the happy place. Take care 💐
  • Angelo
    Angelo Member Posts: 33
    Thank you for your love and support as always xx