Kissing goodbye to it all

It's been a while since I've posted anything and this will be my last one...maybe...In 5 days time i kiss goodbye to letrozole... and cross fingers...forever. Yippee!
5 long hard years.
I take my hat off to all of those on it for 10 years.ย 
For those just starting out, take it one day at at time especially if you are one of the many, like me, hit hard with side effects. Check with your oncologist about taking a drug break, at least 8 weeks worth, cos sure as hell they won't let you know you can unless there's a good reason why you shouldn't. Use pain killers when needed, do heaps of mindfulness exercises if that's your bent and keep up with some form of exercise, it's good for your mental health too.ย 
Am i nervous about finishing up? Yes and no. Am i looking forward to not feeling like an 80 yo some days...hell yes! What will my body be/feel like eventually? I don't know. It certainly won't be anything like it was before. In a lot of ways it will be better, definitely healthier and fitter. I think it will take up to a year to settle, what aches will disappear and what will stay due to arthritis and just ageing.
What am i looking forward to the most? Less pain, less stiffness. Other things to look forward to...meeting my 5 month old great niece Felicity for the first time next month. They live in England and are coming out for 10 weeks.ย  Having a session with my osteo and both of us being relieved that things are loosening up finally. Going skiing at the end of the month knowing I'm off that drug. Those things just for starters.ย 
And generally just being able to take a deep breath and go ahhhh, I'm done.
Au revoir and best wishes to you all
Cath

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266 โœญ
    Congratulations ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950 โœญ
    Dear @Artferret,

Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352 โœญ
    Well done and best wishes! I am on the 10 year stint and can hardly contain myself untilย next May. But I havenโ€™t had any aches or pains. My bone density has taken a battering but was very good to start with so fingers crossed it lasts just a bit more.ย 
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101 โœญ
    Congratulations and well done for staying the course.
    ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540 โœญ
    @Artferret

May your aches and pains subside and this part is now your history
    Best wishes to you
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960 โœญ
    Well done!ย  Not a bad regime to undertake if the drugs don't affect you but so hard if they do.ย  Enjoy your freedom!