The Beacon - 1st June 2022 edition

Options
Mez_BCNA
Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 874
edited August 2022 in Community news and events
Hi everyone,

The latest issue #91 of The Beacon is available now and should arrive in your inbox today. Alternatively you can access it here via the link https://www.bcna.org.au/news-events/the-beacon-magazine/issue-91-june-2022/

Enjoy the new interactive format and as always, we welcome your feedback. 

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    Had trouble viewing it on my iPhone. Is the Beacon not being mailed out anymore? I have some elderly ladies in my support group who don’t have computers or smart phones. 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Hello @TonyaM - No, they are no longer mailing this out.  if you contact Mez she will mail out a copy during the week.  She prints one for me to send around to interested ladies - I just get them to pass one copy around the group (do the 'office' thing, I write each name on it and they pass it along).  Mez may send out your required number of copies, though.
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am the same,although I have computer it is not the same,I used to love making a cuppa and sitting down to read the Beacon, I guess this is a sign of the times, although I dont like it very much.

wendy55
  • Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 874
    Options
    Hi @wendy55 @TonyaM, would you like me to print a copy and post? Please send me a private message confirming your address details. Thankyou
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Hi @Mez_BCNA,
    Thankyou so very much, I received my copy of the Beacon on Friday, I made a cuppa and then went and sat in my sunshine filled lounge and spent the next half hour or so reading the articles, was very pleased to read the stories on metastatic cancer,as I have just reached the 9 year milestone myself, since my own metastatic diagnosis, everything in the Beacon was so relevant and informative,
    so once again, thankyou for taking the time to send this.

wendy55