Donation of old prosthesis or mastectomy bras (CLOSED - NO LONGER TAKING DONATIONS)

Options
mum2jj
mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
edited May 2022 in Community news and events

Hi Ladies, 

I know this has been posted previously but thought I would repost it for anyone who may have missed it. Do you have an old prosthesis or mastectomy bra lying around? I have been in touch with Lily DeSantis who is very involved in a program to donate old prosthesis and mastectomy bras to ladies in Fiji who can't afford them. She was booked to go over in June but the project has grown (which is great) and so they are postponing until September. So if you have had a reconstruction or have maybe ordered a new prosthesis (Medicare covers you for a new one every two years), and your old one is lying around please consider donating to this amazing project. I will post a link below. 

Thanks,

Paula x

http://lilyblisstoyou.com/fijian-womens-breast-cancer-project-donations/

Comments

• Kristen
    Kristen Member Posts: 110
    edited May 2022
    Options
    We are no longer collecting donations of prosthesis/bras etc. This project was shut down in 2019. The PO box has been closed. But we still get calls from people saying they saw it on BCNA.

I don't know why that webpage link above still works.
    As a sole trader with no tech , Lily doesn't have a fancy webpage or get it updated  much
    But even on the updated webpage currently
    - the 'WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING DONATION' is right at the bottom.
    Not super obvious.

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    @Mez_BCNA could you possibly edit or delete this post as well. Thanks x
  • Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 874
    Options
    @mum2jj and @Kristen the title has been updated and the discussion closed
This discussion has been closed.