COVID-19 vaccine

Carissa_BCNA
Carissa_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 251
Original post from @Not_good_63_57 copied across from the Activity section. 

Ok haven’t been on here in awhile I’m still alive. How is everyone goin good I hope.  

Now covid vaccination I opted not to get vaccination know some people how it made them so sick so my choice. What I would like to know has anyone had covid watever virus is goin at moment and if so how did it effect you and is there anyone on here unvaccinated? 

Comments

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Hi there
    I am triple vaxxed ( am 63) and haven’t had covid BUT I have been to my first covid funeral.
    He was not vaxxed and was 74 with a heart condition - he was in intensive care for 4 weeks, moved to a general ward and died overnight.He left behind a wife and two daughters in their 20s.
    We can still get covid ( and die too ) if we are vaxxed but the likelihood of ending up in intensive care and of dying of covid is much higher if you are not vaxxed.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    @Not_good_63_57

I’m quadruple vaxxed! I had AstraZeneca very early last year, with no side effects other than feeling a little tired for one day. I have since had two Moderna shots, no side effects at all. Like @Julez1958, I know of two people who have died of COVID, one before vaccines were available and one who didn’t get vaccinated (62 and healthy - unfortunately he passed it on to his 92 year old mother, who was vaccinated, she survived). The current Omicron strain is unpleasant but not deadly for many, but some young, healthy people have died and older people or those with other medical conditions or immunosuppressed because of treatment (such as cancer treatment) are at greater risk. I don’t want it but If I got it, I may be entirely asymptomatic, unaware that I have it and give it to someone else, who reacts badly. Until infections reduce significantly therefore, I still wear a mask when around others and maintain some distance and hand hygiene. We are averaging nearly 300,000 infected cases a week across the country lately so there is still a lot of it about. Take care. 
  • Not_good_63_57
    Not_good_63_57 Member Posts: 68
    Yeh ok I was just asking questions 
    here in qld 95% people are vaccinated are getting virus very rarely the unvaccinated so not sure what to think 
    I might reconsider the vaccination though 
    I really think people have an underlying condition that makes it worse 
    I know a girl that is pregnant very low iron levels unvaccinated she got covid and survived no problems 
    so I think it effects people differently 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Unquestionably true. That’s the problem, you don’t know how COVID will affect you! The vast majority of medical professionals recommend vaccination for pregnant women and cancer patients. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    edited April 2022
    Hello,
    I’m not vaccinated at all. Neither is my whole family, and some close friends of mine. I had something similar to the flu a couple times in the last months, it lasted 3 days then went and all good. My best mate, who had his second kidney transplant last year and is immunocompromised due  to that, got covid a few months ago. He was unwell for a couple weeks, but they gave him a good treatment (not Remdesivir!) and he has recovered with no problems. He’s 50 and also unvaccinated. My sister and niece got covid, unvaxxed, recovered with no problem, and my sister has had serious pneumonia in the past. But we all take supplements like zinc, magnesium, vitamin D and C, turmeric, spirulina, quercetin etc every day. That’s what got me well again so soon. 
    I have heard and read many stories of young and healthy people, mainly athletes, who died even though they were double or triple vaxxed. It hasn’t been confirmed whether from covid or the vaccine, but one thing I known is that is doesn’t make any sense to me at all. The number of people getting it who are vaccinated, and dying from it, doesn’t justify the number of people they claim it saves. It’s very survivable, there are effective treatments such as Ivermectin, so to me it’s a no brainer. 
    If people choose to have the vaccine, that’s fine, but I don’t personally believe that’s what’s helping people survive covid. 
    And I respect people’s decision to be vaccinated. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    It's a personal choice! 
    In my family we are all vaccinated however we have friends who are not!
    Our friendships are not compromised!  We respect their decision and vice versa!  
    Take care and best wishes 
  • FLClover
    I like that @iserbrown 👌🏻👌🏻😊🥰
  • Not_good_63_57
    Yeh I now have covid into fourth day I’m fine had mongrel headache for two days eased Thursday back today slight dizziness the only other thing feeling of sickness now and then just hoping day 5 tomorrow feel better cause really had enough of it 
  • FLClover
    @Not_good_63_57 take a higher dose of vitamin C. I was taking about 4 tablets per day when I had the flu. Each about 1000 units I think. I took a Nurofen for the fever and headache, which really helped. I also take daily zinc and magnesium. In addition, I made a paste with Macedonian style whiskey, which is really strong, and honey. I took little sips of it during the day. And I ate a lot of onion as it has natural quercetin in it. I’m just made a tomato and cucumber salad with the onion and olive oil. Couldn’t eat much else anyway. It helped me heaps. According to the symptoms I had it was covid, although I never got tested, since I didn’t go anywhere anyway. It went within 3 days. 
    I hope you feel better soon 🍀. 
  • Not_good_63_57
    Well had cough this morn headache has eased quiet bit did a test too and now is negative no more positive will do another test in morn to make sure but I’m to believe that u can still have cough even with covid gone 
  • FLClover
    I’ve had a cough for two days now. No idea where it came from, as everything else is fine with me. My throat started hurting out of nowhere and I have a bit of a dry cough. Today I’m also sounding hoarse. I’ve increased my vitamin C intake and am also drinking a honey/whisky/olive oil paste which usually helps soothe it. 
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @FLClover have you done a rat test.  Cough and sore throat is a sign.
  • FLClover
    edited April 2022
    @Locksley I have read it’s a sign, yes. Thing is, most people around me are vaccinated. I’m in the most vaccinated area in Sydney. And I’m mostly home. I hardly ever go out, and keep a distance if I do. If I see a friend, I tell them straight up that I have a sore throat and they know I’m not vaccinated, so they can choose to stay away from me. I only see people if they’re comfortable. But it’s only been 2 days, plus I’ve always been very prone to these dry coughs and losing my voice. The number of times I had to teach like this 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ all the students making fun of me 😩. It’s happened more times than I can count. I’ll do a rat if it’s not better in a day or two. 
    💜
  • AZ79
    AZ79 Member Posts: 8
    @FLClover
    I’ve heard from several people who got Covid and weren’t vaccinated, that what helped them most was taking Ivermectin. Not sure why the media makes it so controversial, when this product has been on the market for decades and is very safe. And why can’t you get it over the counter? Why is it prohibited in Australia? It’s all so very sinister, very very strange. And also very strange how the vaccines have been pushed down everyone’s throats, when they CLEARLY don’t work and have massive side effects.
    Anyway, sorry for my rant.
    I’m also not vaccinated, but respect everyone’s choices. 
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Hi @AZ79,
    I have always personally operated on the basis that I follow the advice of my Doctors.
    In the case of my breast cancer that has meant so far mastectomy, radiotherapy and now Letrazole.
    Same with other health stuff.
    I was recommended by my Doctors to get vaccinated including a booster shot , do I followed that advice.
    My understanding of why Ivermectin is not available over the counter at the chemist is because it has potential side effects that require a Dr to prescribe it.