HI there, has anyone been diagnosed with Breast Cancer - ER+, PR- and HER2 negative?

MMAN
MMAN Member Posts: 12
HI there, has anyone been diagnosed with Breast Cancer - ER+, PR- and HER2 negative?

Comments

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Hi there
    Welcome to the club no one wants to join!
    My diagnosis was same as yours - I am 63 so very much post menopausal - apparently ER positive is more likely if you are post menopausal.
    When my GP gave me the diagnosis she said that’s good ( well in a relative sense) as you can have hormone therapy after the other treatment to cut down the chance of the cancer coming back.
    There is a wealth of information on this website including fact sheets and podcasts and of course this forum which is a great resource as we all have been there and “ get it”.
    Right now you are in shock and probably only taking in about 50% of everything you are told ( if that).
    My GP told me to take someone close to me to all important appointments due to this reason and I took my husband which was good as he remembered pretty much everything and I had big gaps.
    What town are you located?
    If you add that to your profile others in here can give you some locational specific advice.
    I am in Sydney and gad a double mastectomy , radiotherapy and a reconstruction.
    Take some deep breaths and take it one step at a time.
    A breast cancer diagnosis is a shock but you will get through it!
    Take care🌺

• MMAN
    MMAN Member Posts: 12
    Thank you so much for responding.  Its amazing but just getting a response and knowing there is someone out there going through the same thing is very reassuring. Im pre-menopausal (44 yrs) so wondering what the treatment is going to look like for me.  Im seeing an oncologist monday.  Im based in Melbourne.
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Well there is no Sydney/Melbourne rivalry here!
    Both cities have some amazing Doctors and medical facilities for the treatment  of breast cancer- it’s a lot tougher for those in the regional/ country areas.
  • AZ79
    AZ79 Member Posts: 8
    @MMAN Hi, I’m 42 and ER/PR positive, HER2 negative. So not quite the same, but similar.
    Also grade 3 and 1 lymph node involvement, which complicates things. Already had surgery and waiting to hear from an oncologist. 
    Hope you’re doing well.