Hope and cancerversary

FLClover
FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
It’s my 2 year cancerversary today 🎉. 
I’m in a really good place within myself, without comparison to how I felt right after my diagnosis, and even before it. I guess I hope I continue to work on myself, so I can be content  with life as it is, with reduced stress, and cancer free 🤞🍀💟. 
I have mostly moved on, but choose to celebrate being healthy every year and my appreciation of life ♥️.

M Xxx

Comments

• Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Congratulations on your two year cancerversary.  So glad you are content with the direction your life is taking.  Keep up the good work and the great attitude, and you deserve all the best life has to offer.  Take care. xx
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    Congratulations @FLClover. So happy for you and where you are with this. Thanks for all your posts too, they all resonate with me and I am not far behind you in the 2 yr anniversary stakes. My anniversary is 30 April. 

Good you have reduced your stress and are happy where you are now. Also great that you are continuing on this path of stress free and cancer free. I am basically doing the same and feel good as to where I am at today. 

Have a wonderful weekend and celebrate being yourself. You deserve it. 🥇
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    Great good news post @FLClover
    let me in on the secret to the stress free life. I keep doing the sea-saw on that one
    felling good about myself is mostly under control. 
    Love the pic too it says it a lot and with humour which is my go to relief 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Onya @FLClover!
    Lovely to read that you have settled beyond the diagnosis - what a great feeling!
    Your honesty in your posts has certainly helped others
    Best wishes 🌿 
    Take care
  • FLClover
    edited April 2022
    Thank you @cranky_granny 😊. 
    My secret is to actually sit on that see-saw whenever I need to. If I feel sad or angry, I let it have its moment. When I feel happy, I enjoy it. 
    I have stress, but that’s normal, and some stress is good for us. I just need to figure out what the ‘bad’ stress is, ie what’s causing me turmoil that I can’t control, and find a way to to let it go. The other daily stress, I can handle. 
    I’m not happy every day, as some days are just bad, and others are just good, but I try to find at least a few minutes of happiness everyday. It’s not hard to do as I’ve designed my life in a way that I can, with lots of plants and animals which fill me with joy no matter what ☺️♥️😘. 

• FLClover
    P.S. I love the pic too 😄😁. It is pretty accurate, and funny too. Humour is a must if we are to survive, in my humble opinion ☺️😘. 
  • FLClover
    @Keeping_positive1 thank you so much darl ☺️😘. I wish you the best too 🍀♥️. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    AWESOME that you are going so well, @FLClover .... that is SO good to hear xx

love your posts xx

• FLClover
    @Cath62  Thanks so much Cath ☺️. I remember you joining shortly after me. That was my toughest period, and I took solace in the fact we were all doing it tough but all doing our best to make it and help each other ♥️. It was really encouraging. 
    I still have stress, but have learnt to control it better, which does wonders. I’m so happy you’re doing much better as well 🙌🏻. We’re getting and staying there 💪🏻. 
    Thank you, and I hope you enjoy your weekend as well, all nice and dry 🤞☺️😘. 

• FLClover
    Thank you @iserbrown ☺️. Yours have helped me so much too, and I appreciate it a lot ♥️. 
  • FLClover
    Thank you @arpie 😊 right back at ya 😁♥️😘. 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Acknowledging our 'cancerversaries' is good @FLClover as it makes us think of how much we've been through and how far we've come.  The problem is that some just stick on the negative side and are not able to push through to finding some happiness.   Always remember that you are an important friend to many on this site.  Reward yourself.   💖💖
  • FLClover
    edited April 2022
    Thank you @June1952, that’s so sweet 😊🥰. You’re right, it’s important to not get stuck in negativity. We need to find our happiness within ourselves too ♥️. 
    I will reward myself 😃🥰😘😘. 
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Congratulations @FLClover your posts have been just what I needed.   I'm only 2 weeks away from my 2 year cancer anniversay.  The members on here have helped me a lot and I have formed life Long friendships.
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Congratulations @FLClover
    i am not far behind you - my 2 years is in August.
    Its  true that a cancer diagnosis often causes us to “ re calibrate” and that may in the end be the teeny weeny silver lining in  this whole shitfest.
    a sense of humour helps us get there too😊
    I always enjoy your posts and your contribution to this forum.
    I am so happy for you and wish you all the best.
    🌺