A new daily Brain Game for your mental health ..... Wordle or worse still, Quordle

arpie
arpie Member Posts: 7,522
edited March 2022 in Day to day
A few months ago, my sister put me onto this new 'brain game' called Wordle!! 
Initially I hated it .... now, I'm hooked!!!
You get a new one every day.
https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

You need to guess what the word is, in just 6 goes!!  No hints are given!!  So it is important to choose 'good words' in the first 2 lines to give you the best shot at getting as many letters as possible, specially the vowels!!  They then tell you if the letters are correct, in the right spot or in the wrong spot - and then you start trying to work out the next 'line' .... 

MY opening word is AUDIO (lots of vowels) and the 2nd word always includes an 'E' .... so I've covered ALL the vowels early on.  You can use whatever opening words that you want!!

They CAN also double up on letters too - which makes it a bit tricky ..... but it is such fun!!

The Keyboard is 'coloured' as you use the letters, so you can see which letters you haven't used .... and mentally you are trying different letters before putting them in 'permanently'. If the word is not in their data base, you can't use that word. Delete the letters & try a different word.

Yellow/beige = correct letter, wrong spot
Green = correct letter, correct spot
Black/Grey = wrong letter

Here is one I tried a few weeks back - and I just COULDN'T get that final word ....  I knew that the 2nd last letter was E .... and my sister 'got it' within minutes of showing it to her!!  What do you think the final word was?  (You can message me with it, if you like, so others can work on it too ..... I'd never heard it before!) So at this point in time, NONE of the letters were in the correct spot!

Open photo

Then, when you think you've got Wordle 'sorted' ..... have a go at 'Quordle' .... it is the same as Wordle, but you work on 4 different Wordles at the same time - and need to guess them all in just 8 lines!!  It can be VERY tricky.  You can do as many 'Practise' games as you want in one day ..... but once you hit the 'daily' one - you only get the one, daily.

https://www.quordle.com/?fbclid=IwAR3CnrsSJBLN0QCJPs7cu6crRuJMwl_GHWkBo04dgWyOKR0nX8u6nwB8sSE#/practice

Here's one I did a while back - and 'wasted' a few goes, trying to get the bottom left word .... SO annoying when the word can have so many 'single letters' in it, that waste guesses til you luck onto the correct one!  ... End result = I ran out of lines to finish the top right word, which was probably STINK or STINT .... (they DO actually show you the correct word, if you miss it, too.)
Open photo

Here's one of my better ones .... even having a line to spare at the end!!
Open photo

After you've finished each game, you can 'copy' your result and share it with friends (not giving away the words) as it shows like this!

Wordle 285 6/6 -

I thought it was a Tricky one today ..... it took me all 6 lines to 'get it'! (My best go has been 2 lines!  Good Guess!)

If you are stuck at an airport or waiting for an appt - give it a go on your phone!  It is FUN!

Good Luck
Tagged:

Comments

• Jwrenn
    Jwrenn Member Posts: 144
    @arpie i got it in 4 goes today, starting with your word. Hadn’t thought of using that one before.
  • arpie
    edited March 2022
    @Jwrenn ... You STAR!!   Cool!!   Same game?  285?  Sometimes I am a day behind everyone else for some reason!  Which is really weird!

I just like getting rid of all the vowels very early .... 

Your 2nd line must have been a beautie!!  ;) 
  • arpie
    Daily Quordle 66 - 1st and 3rd ones were tricky ....
    8️⃣4️⃣
    6️⃣3️⃣
    quordle.com
    ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨 ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
    🟨🟩⬜🟩⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ 🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜ 🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
    🟨🟩🟨🟨⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

• Jwrenn
    Jwrenn Member Posts: 144
    @arpie I haven’t heard of quordle. I’ll have to have a look at that. My daughters word seemed to be  a day behind  mine till she did an update or something. There’s another one where you can play more than one game a day if you want called wordlegame.org 
  • arpie
    Cool - thanks @Jwrenn - I'll check that one out!!!  ;) 

• arpie
    edited April 2022
    Those who do Wordle or Quordle .... will get this immediately!   LOL. 

They've had some REALLY tricky ones in the last few days .....