Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Radiation On Lesion

2»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Oh gosh, @cranky_granny - I am so sorry your level of pain & discomfort has increased ...is there anything you can take to mitigate it? 

Be very careful re the dizziness - you sure don't want a fall at this point in time xx

Is there any way your office can send you the documents you need for the BAS's - so you can work at home?  I would imagine driving to work will be very painful. :(  Sitting on an office chair wouldn't help your sacrum area either!  :( 

take care, ask your Onc about pain management (cos what you're already on may not cover it fully.)

take care - our thoughts are with you xx
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    @arpie thanks I’m feeling better this morning still a bit of pain but The pain meds just needed to start working 
  • cranky_granny
    Radiation all finished bought home my cage this was only used for the rib lesion I’ve 
    started to get a real good toastie brown sadly the blistering has started to show but hey got a free tube of cream
    the one on the sacrum is nice and pink ( had to get my daughter to check as I can’t see it). I know its warm. 
    Now just waiting waiting waiting for it to do its job. 
    Apparently I’m excellent at staying perfectly still. 

• arpie
    Well done @cranky_granny ... congratulations on getting thru your rads ..... I hope that you don't peel too much and that everything settles down nicely & your pain & discomfort is diminished!  xxx

take care xx

• Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Congratulations @cranky_granny on getting through your rads.  Looks like you have half a costume for fencing ready.

I found dermeze very very good for my radiation burns.  Hope all goes well with your healing.
  • arpie
    How are you pulling up @cranky_granny ... I hope all is going good?

Did they send your required documents home so you can work from home? I hope so! Xx
  • cranky_granny
    edited February 2022
    @Locksley i have been using the cream they sent home with me. I hope the blistering is finished. Im getting to the itchy stage. Im being good and not scratching the one on my chest but the one on my spine not so good at leaving alone. Though it does let me know when I  do try to scratch
    @arpie yes i got some work sent home. Got through it in a day
    so now I’ve started to make christmas gifts to put away getting ahead so I’m not leaving it to the last minute