Ask the Expert: Triple Negative Early Breast Cancer with Dr Nick Zdenkowski

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited March 2022 in General discussion

Good afternoon everyone,

On the 17th of February, we will be hosting an interactive digital event on triple negative, please see details below. 

Triple negative breast cancer accounts for approximately 15 per cent of all breast cancers and refers to a type of breast cancer that does not have any of the three receptors commonly found in breast cancer cells – the oestrogen, progestogen and HER2 receptors. 

Although triple negative breast cancer does not respond to hormone-blocking therapy or medicines that target HER2 protein receptors, chemotherapy is often used to successfully treat this form of breast cancer, with active research taking place to improve treatments to better target triple negative breast cancer. 

We will hear from Medical Oncologist Nick Zdenkowski who has a special interest in the care of patients with breast cancer and offers the latest medical oncology treatments. Additionally, we will also hear from BCNA consumer representative Emma Warnecke. 

This Ask the Expert session will address what triple negative is including the different subtypes, the current treatments available and the outcomes including risk of recurrence, genetic testing and implications and the clinical research trials and how to access them. 

This 60-minute Zoom event is primarily interactive and after a short presentation, viewers will be able to ask questions to both Nick and Emma. Please share your questions prior to the event via the question box on the registration page, email events@bcna.org.au or during the evening via the discussion box on your screen. 

If you wish to attend this event anonymously, please review the steps below:    

• All cameras will be automatically turned off when you enter the event 
  • Questions can be asked prior to and during the event via the chat or audio function. If you wish to remain anonymous, we recommend using the chat function only 
  • If you wish for your name not to be shown during the event (via the chat, attendee list and camera name), please click here. This link will show you how to join the Zoom meeting anonymously 
  • If you’re unable to alter your name prior to the Zoom event, please click here. This link will show you how you can update your name on the night of the event  
  • If you’re unable to edit your name via both the links above, please reach out to a BCNA staff member via the chat function on the night of the event and we can edit it for you manually 

Any questions regarding your attendance, please email events@bcna.org.au for further assistance. 

Register for the webcast here. 

Event Details  

Date: Thursday 17 February 2022 

Time: 6.00pm - 7.00pm AEDT 

Where: Online – from your computer, tablet, or laptop  

Your Local Time: 

WA: 3.00pm  

NT: 4.30pm 

SA: 5.30pm

QLD: 5.00pm

ACT, NSW, TAS, VIC: 6.00pm 

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    this is awesome I have some brand new ladies diagnosed (on tnbc facebook group) who are asking if this will be a podcast afterwards, as they are feeling quite fragile at the moment. ? 
    @iharris Can you let us know please 
  • Good morning @SoldierCrab, we are hoping to record the session or at least provide a transcript once it has run. Will keep you updated with how we will provide it :) 
  • SoldierCrab
    @iharris thank you I will inform the TNBC group ladies

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    @mtjoe. This might interest you 
  • Sunnyvic
    Sunnyvic Member Posts: 7
    Hi I registered for this seminar but it says the meeting is at capacity when I try to join. I was looking forward to it. Is there going to be a recording available? Thanks
  • SoldierCrab
    some ladies have said it wouldnt allow them to register today  from the link I put in facebook group? 

• Sunnyvic
    Sunnyvic Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your reply. I eventually got in. They recorded it and I will be able to watch the first bit that I missed.
  • Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 851
    Hi members,

Apologies
    for the technical error we received at the start of our Ask the Expert Digital
    Event. There was an error with the capacity limits on Zoom, which was fixed
    shortly after the event began. We were able to record the event and a video
    and/or transcript of the session will be available to all BCNA attendees Friday
    or Monday. An email will be sent out to all registered attendees with the link
    to the on-demand recording.

• Good afternoon everyone,

The video is now available on-demand and can be viewed here, via the Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) website. We apologise for the technical error that some of you may have experienced at the start of the session and hope you enjoy viewing the on-demand video.

To help improve our digital events and ensure we provide information that you're interested in, we invite you to complete our 2-minute survey. Please click here to access.