Surgery Today

Shazzamax
Shazzamax Member Posts: 2
Good morning all,

I was diagnosed with DCIS on 15th December. I had a lumpectomy on the 9/12 and the area is quite large and close to the nipple, so I am scheduled for bilateral mastectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy today. I wanted this cancer out so I made the decision quickly and want to be able to heal before even contemplating reconstruction. That process scares me more than the surgery I am about to have today. 

Thank you for all your posts to date. It is so helpful to look at photos and hear of the amazing journeys of strength and resilience. I don’t know if I’m making the right decision about reconstructive surgery later but I felt this was what I could cope with for now. 

Best of luck to others out there 🍀

Comments

• Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Wishing you all the best for your surgery today.   
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Thinking of you @Shazzamax.  Hopefully it is all over for today and that you manage a decent sleep tonight.  Let them help you and keep up with pain meds when given them as it is much harder to get any pain under control if you leave it too long.  Head home, relax, allow yourself to be pampered and heal well.
    Look forward to hearing your news as you recover.  💖
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    I hope your surgery today has gone well @Shazzamax.  Make haste slowly, and definitely, make sure you take regular pain meds xx

I'm glad that you've found us - you are in the right spot for support, comfort and information from those who've gone before you xx

You've been thru a lot - so rest up & recover well xx. Ask any questions that pop into your head - there are NO silly questions.

take care & all the best xx

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,268
    Best way to you for a speedy recovery. Sending virtual flowers to you. 💐
  • Shazzamax
    Shazzamax Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your well wishes. Surgery went well. Looking forward to hearing pathology results in a weeks time, to have further peace of mind. I’m up and about which is good. Probably would have chose to sleep all day but my dr wants me waking and sitting in a chair. I guess I understand. I’m feeling better already after having a face cloth wash, brushed hair and clean teeth 🤣
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Shazzamax,

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    @Shazzamax, pleased to hear you are up and about as that is important.  Your first shower will be wonderful !  The ladies here told me to walk walk walk so that is what I did when given permission - drain tubes and bottles as my company - but it was the best thing, got everything moving as it should (not to forget, keeping me active and not bored).  Keep on the improve.  💖