Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Mum recently diagnosed

124»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    xxx Great that your boss is so supportive of you too xx  Keep doing what you are doing xxx. All the best
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    edited December 2021
    @Formymum19 so sorry for your loss. May your Mum rest in peace and knowing how much you loved her, and don't you worry many Mums and daughters can have strained relationships at times, so pleased you both had time to embrace getting to know each other better over the last couple of years.  Reading your thread has warmed my heart and is evidence of how special a daughter you are to your Mum.  May you be always blessed.  Take care and we are here for you whenever you want to jump on to share, cry or to have others to chat with on the forum.  xx
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    I’m so sorry about your mum @Formymum19 😢😢. She is free from pain now, but it’s no doubt so difficult. You
    were there for her til the end, the love is ever present 💗. Look after yourself. 
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @Formymum19 I am so very sorry for your loss of your mum.  She is free from pain now.  Thankyou for sharing your thoughts from a daughters perspective.  My own daughter is in her 20s and I felt connected to you.   I'm crying as I write this and send you love.   You are in my thoughts.  Xxx
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    My heart goes out to you at this time.
    Your mum was lucky to have your love and support through her journey.
    Your grief is raw , be kind to yourself.
    🌺
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    Oh @Formymum19, I am so sorry to hear the news of your mum's passing. You are a wonderful daughter and I am sure your mum appreciated all the support you gave her. It is a hard time of year to loose a loved one. Your mum is free of all this disease and pain. Her love for you will always be with you in your heart. Step by step you will get through these days ahead. Keep the love in your heart with all the fond memories. Those memories will stay forever. 💐  
  • arpie
    I am so sorry to read of your Mum’s passing @Formymum19. My deepest condolences to you and  your sister at this sad time. Xx  You were both there for her and comforted her in her hours of need ... be kind to yourselves and be there for each other.  

Take it one day at a time, one hour at a time, if necessary ... our thoughts are with you xx

take care 
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    @Formymum19 so sorry to hear about your mum. Take all the time you need to grieve we each do it in our own way. Take those  good memories you have and bring them out when things get hard.
    20 years on and they still come in handy for me. Especially at this time of year. 

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    Big hugs @Formymum19. It’s nice you’re keeping some of her things. I think they’ll be a great comfort ♥️♥️
  • arpie
    Beautifully said @Formymum19 - you've been a wonderful daughter & helped your Mum thru her worst days ..... big hugs and condolences again on your Mum's passing xx   How wonderful that her Hospice stay was so caring & pain free.

Grieving takes so many forms and seeing your Mum 'in yourself' will be an ongoing process - I see my Mum every time I look in the mirror now (yet I never really thought I looked like her!)   I think with you doing stuff around the house, keeping some bits & preparing it for sale, it will be quite comforting in it's own way for you too - and helps keep you busy too. xx

Take care,
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    Thank you @Formymum19. It is so lovely of you to touch base with us and tell us how you are going. I think all the things you are doing sound just right for both you and your mum. I think she would be very proud of you. Hope on to those precious memories. Best wishes 💐
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
     @Formymum19 so lovely you came back to update us and tell us how you are getting on.  Take care and stop by any time here.  xx