Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Ribociclib/Letrozole Combo - How long have you been on this plse?

2»

Comments

• hopeful_cath01
    hopeful_cath01 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, started on ribo600mgs, letrozole and bone inj. my problem has been the ribo makes me nauseated and vomiting even with antiemetic, ribo ceased , but i am to start again on 200 msg on monday. Has this happened to anyone else ?
  • hopeful_cath01
    hopeful_cath01 Member Posts: 2
    thanks Elise that’s very helpful

• Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    Hi @elisewjk I have been on the ribo/letrozole combo since April 2019, I have bone Mets in m spine x 2 and my pelvis, my spine ones are controlled by the combo but my pelvis one has started to grow. All in all I’ve been on the 600mg daily since I started don’t get much nausea anymore, have low neutrafils but just in the limits, very dry skin on my hands which peels like a sunburn and fatigue other than that I’m good on it. Now looking at possible radiation on my pelvis met
  • Deebs
    Deebs Member Posts: 18
    Oops in answer to your question Yes neutrophils were low initially but retuned to normal after short 2 week break at the very beginning but I have been fine since then. 600mgs for 38 cycles and going strong 💪 ❤ 
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    Im starting the ribociclib tomorrow 3 weeks on 1 week off and blood tests in the off week. Got switched from tamoxifen to armidex started them yesterday. So i was interested in this discussion hopefully it will slow the growths  down. Maybe even holt the growth any any more turning up. 
    This part is all newish though first bone mets were found 2 years ago. They decided to have a growth spurt  in last 3 months.
    Tagging this one for encouragement 
  • HinterlandSian
    HinterlandSian Member Posts: 23
    I was on Ribociclib and letrozol but found the side effects too much to handle.  Have been switched to Palbociclib instead and am tollerating it much better.
  • PollyMammary
    PollyMammary Member Posts: 2
    Diagnosed  with de novo breast cancer with lymph node mets  October 2019 

Into my 27th treatment cycle - 3 weeks on 600mg Kisqali/ribociclid and 2.5mg LETROZOLE and one week off.

fatigue, nausea, insomnia, indigestion, bloated in face and body comes and goes

many cosmetic changes like dry, thinning, wrinkling, spotted skin - who is that curly headed clown person in my mirror?

• elisewjk
    elisewjk Member Posts: 60
    Hi @PollyMammary, have you discussed all your side effects with your Oncologist? The protocol is to start you on 600mg Ribo but more than half of people can't deal with the side effects. Indeed I suffered horribly with nausea, fatigue and low neuts, amongst many and varied other side effect combinations in my trials to find the right dose for me. They can reduce your dose (just as effective) and you wouldn't have to suffer the side effects so much. I started this post in 2020, I'm now on Cycle 37, some 3 years later, on 200mg Ribo's... The Onco recently told me that I'm his longest patient on this combo now and to keep up the good work! Pressure! :D lol :) I have my fingers crossed and hope the good work continues a little while longer still  ;)  <3 Stay well, take care :)
  • Ballerina33
    Ballerina33 Member Posts: 14
    Deebs said:
    Hi lovely peeps 

Great news after 38 cycles I am officially in remmision from stage 4 MBC initially with mets to spine, ribs and pelvis, now no evidence of active cancer in bones 😀 Yes !!!☺ Ribociclib, Letrozole, Denosomab and Vit D with calcium keep doing your thing 😘
    Good luck to you all 
    Love Deebs xxx
    Hi @deebs I am just on this journey and these posts have been so helpful. I am excited to hear someone say remission as it seems so many are reluctant to. Has this been your first line of treatment so far? And big thanks, reading this was hope xo
  • Not_good_63_57
    Not_good_63_57 Member Posts: 68
    Oh wow so happy to read someone is in remission 
    I have exactly the same symptoms im
    on Letrozole and Kisqali and the injection 
    this has given me hope and all you ladies I really hope and pray your doin ok 💕💕💕
  • akpvj
    akpvj Member Posts: 9
    I am on 11th cycle and after 2nd reduced to 200mg, after discussion I take at night as this reduces my side effects. I am hopeful of a long life with minimal side effects and wish you all the very best
  • Deebs
    Deebs Member Posts: 18
    5 years on this combo still no evidence of active disease... 600mg ribociclib letrozole and denosomab...very stiff in the joints but that's the letrozole and the fact that I am 60 years old lol