Support Groups in Newcastle NSW?

Mez_BCNA
Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 851
Original post created by member @Fizzgigg moved to own thread in ‘Newly diagnosed’ category:

Comments

• Mez_BCNA
    Hi @Fizzgigg, I know you have been provided with BCNA's service finder https://www.bcna.org.au/services-and-support-groups/services/31400# by member @iserbrown, where hopefully you can access support and resources in your area. 

I also wanted to mention that Cancer Council NSW 13 11 20 offer 'Cancer Connect' which is a free and confidential telephone peer support service for people experiencing localised cancer (not advanced cancer). You can chat to a specially trained volunteer who has been through a similar diagnosis and experiences.​ The service is also available for those experiencing survivorship issues. They also may be able to connect you with a local support group.

Please do not hesitate to call our Member Support Services team on 1800 500 258, as we are always here to listen and support.
  • Fizzgigg
    Fizzgigg Member Posts: 2
    Thanks heaps. I called cancer council they referred me here lols. All good I’ll try the peer support service :)
  • Mez_BCNA
    Thats great @Fizzgigg. Hopefully with the variety of resources you will find support from different areas, as you can never have too much.