Interesting regarding medicinal cannabis medical trial.

AllyJay
AllyJay Member Posts: 942
edited September 2022 in General discussion

The QUality of life Evaluation STudy (QUEST Initiative), conducted by researchers at the University of Sydney, aims to be the world’s largest longitudinal clinical study investigating the quality of life and health economic impact of medicinal cannabis on patients with chronic disease.

Patients accessing medicinal cannabis generally have a range of conditions and symptoms that impact their quality of life. This clinical study sets out to better understand and measure how these conditions and symptoms affect patients’ quality of life over time while they are accessing medicinal cannabis as a treatment option.

The QUEST Initiative has commenced recruitment of eligible patients. 

Comments

• AllyJay
    I don't know how to copy and put all the info on here, but I'm sure you can google it. I found this on another online BC support group.
  • AllyJay
    Thanks arpie, it is. As you know my technical abilities are not very good, to say the least. Would the price they are stating be less than what you pay? I guess they do that to sift the wheat from the chaff and to stop some people getting freebies from them.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    The price they are quoting is similar to what some over the counter prescriptions are - a friend paid $150 for a 50ml bottle of 10:10 Tilray Oil ..... So the CBD/THC content is rigorously checked ...... the stuff I get isn't as rigorously checked but costs 1/3 of the price!!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Member Posts: 110
    edited October 2021
    my sister 's  GP went through this company/organistation /system, to be able to prescribe & it seemed all very above board & proffessional from what i been told.    https://cannatrek.com/?fbclid=IwAR38xY4XyQdbg25hEoRYLUkJkcbXawf0JYAuCwTksWun4ys0OR9IxqYKGH4

But eventually she found her optimal dose for her situation was about $300 per month &  too expensive for her to maintain long term.But it did work well & no side effects.    (long term anxiety,chronic pain,depression, migraines).

I probably  would consider it for pain, if my BC ever came back now its possible to access through  through proper medical channels.I hope the people who really need it,like end stage cancer, can get it.
  • arpie
    edited October 2021
    @Kristen The price to access legitimate, 'non high' medicinal cannabis oil is extortionate!   You can get a month's supply of manmade chemical pain killers (that also kills people) for under $6 on the PBS ...... but they have made a herbal plant that provides excellent 'non killing' oil extortionately expensive is just NOT RIGHT!  

If it is good enough for Canberrans to be legally allowed to grow 2 cannabis plants for 'own use' - WHY IS IT NOT GOOD ENOUGH for the rest of the states?  With 2 plants, you could make your own oil ..... it is not difficult!  You can buy a machine called an 'Ardent' that will process it for you into oil - or make it yourself ...... it is not difficult to find out  'how' ....

• HinterlandSian
    HinterlandSian Member Posts: 23
    I've joined this clinical study with QUEST and Sydney university so if anyone has questions I'll try to answer them. It all seems very well controlled and pretty easy to join. I started taking it last night so don't have anything to report yet beyond that it tastes quite nice! 
    If you stay on the lowest dose that you start on the $150 bottle will last 100 days.
  • arpie
    Terrific, @HinterlandSian - I will be interested to see how you go!!  It was a lifesaver to me when I started a couple of years back - just make sure you work up slowly to the number of drops you require ..... 

take care & all the best xx

• Cora
    Cora Member Posts: 110
    I take both medicinal and non medicinal. Maybe I need to up the dosage..it's not helping Me very much
     And you have to get approval, see a licensed Gp & pay huge dollars for this stuff. I found Circle 10/10 oil the best.