Night Howlers - Jump on to chat if you are awake

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Wondering if there are any ladies awake tonight ??? (Hope I won't be joining you).  😀
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    edited October 2021
    ya never know @June1952!! ;)  Hope I don't see you here ... my last few nights have been batshit!  But I usually just don't 'get up' and on the computer! :( 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    If anyone gets up just holla. I’ll be checking me email for notifications 😁
  • arpie
    I was still wide awake at 1.30am .... and considered getting up ... next time I will xx
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Ha ha - jinxed myself - I was still wide awake at 1.13am (so the Fitbit tells me - I knew it was after 1) but I resisted the temptation to get up and come on-line ..... 😀😀😀
    I was unsettled and felt as if something was wrong in my universe ....
  • arpie
    grrrr ....
    May be a cartoon of text that says Dear mind Please stop thinking so much at night I need to sleep
  • gumnut
    gumnut Member Posts: 1,055
    edited October 2021
    Hello 
    I haven’t really slept well for years 
    when I was having chemo the steroids that I took kept me awake but I used to read & catch up with BCNA online posts which were informative & comforting. I also watched all the Schitts Creek series in the middle of the night, it was fabulous & made me laugh (quietly 😀)
    I generally don’t sleep all that well post treatment for a couple of days (like tonight), I think that I’m just used to it. I like the ABC quiz after 12 & after 2am or I listen to ABC Conversations podcasts
    I’m trying to get back into some exercise to help me sleep  and reading a book & not using the phone in bed <3
    I recently read The 100 year old man who climbed out the window & disappeared- which was a funny light book & I just finished reading Boy swallows universe tonight, my brain is finally working enough post chemo to read a book again 🙂

• arpie
    I should have jumped on last night .... hubby was incredibly restless all night!!   Feeling quite stuffed right now!

May be an image of text that says Hey you goin to sleep Yes now shut up EveryC in Pacific Ocean is pronounced differently
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    @arpie definitely jump on next time! I hope you sleep much better tonight 🤞
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    There's been some terrible weather here in Victoria recently, difficult to sleep through!
    This time we are in an area where power restoration is still to occur.  Power went at 6.30am Friday and no sign until perhaps midnight Sunday which is probably Monday. 
    We're rural so need electricity to run the house pump (water)! 
    We were out during the day Friday and assumed power would be on upon return.   I became concerned about the freezer however cold day and non opening of the door equalled all good.
    Luckily we have a generator!
    Only damage, fortunately  was garden debris and a couple of big branches
    Spent today raking and loading  the trailers.  Raking is good for lymphatic drainage 
    This has negated our recent holiday!
    Hope no one else is in the same predicament 
    Take care
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    @iserbrown
    What bad luck. Take care and I hope you get power reconnected as soon as possible.We were lucky, no
    power loss. About 30 fronds off the palm tree and the BBQ was blown off the verandah but happily nothing worse. 
  • arpie
    What a bummer, @iserbrown - so glad you got home before the food had softened! There's been some shocking weather in Adelaide & Vict recently - and a couple of tornadoes in NSW (almost unheard of!). So really weird!

Take care - I hope they restore the power before Monday!! xx
  • arpie
    I actually had a good sleep last night!!

BUT ..... 

May be an image of text that says Do you now that awesome feeling when you get into bed fall right asleep stay asleep all night and wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the World YEAHme neither womenafter50com
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @arpie i hate it when I've had a good sleep feel like ive been asleep for 8 hours buts its only been 2 hours and then that's it I'm awake again.