COVID booster shots

13»

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Booked in for third shot (Moderna) tomorrow! 
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,267
    For all Qld people, a nursing friend of mine who works in a vaccination clinic said that from this week provide you have a letter from your GP or oncologist qld health pop into any vaccination walkin centre and get the third shot. I have a gp appointment next week so will get that letter then. 
  • Beaglemum
    Beaglemum Member Posts: 45
    I am getting my booster tomorrow at my GP.  I contacted them for clarification as to whether or not i could get the booster, my GP said he was happy to give me the booster but wanted to have confirmation from my Oncologist that she was happy for me to go ahead.  

As I am not due to see Oncologist till Dec I rang and left and message and they came back to me straight away with the ok to go ahead.  Booked in with my actual GP for jab so hopefully all should be plain sailing and hopefully no side effects.

Do think it is not clear to everyone that they should have the booster especially those of us who are on hormone therapy only now and did not consider ourselves immunocompromised.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    I still don’t consider myself immunocompromised but if I am included in a category for an early booster, I’ll run with it. I was an early candidate for my first shot (March) and would be in line for a booster in mid December anyway. 6 weeks earlier is fine by me. 
  • Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    My gp mentioned that we will be offered a fourth as well, because our third was getting us up to the level of others’ second. 
  • Cath62
    @Halla there was something in the press today that suggested we will get a booster after our third shot. I'll take it. I don't want that covid19.
  • Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    Me neither! @Cath62
  • Cath62
    So confusing. Saw my gp today. She gave me a letter for 3rd shot which she said equals the booster so she thinks no other shot required but she noted constant conflicting advice. 🤔 Even GP confused by it all. Now I need to call the place I got my 2 other doses and book in.
  • Shero
    Shero Member Posts: 7
    I'm really keen for a third dose,  but my oncologist said I couldn't get the third until 3 weeks after last chemo. Booking for December 1, ☺  I haven't heard anything about a fourth, GP knows nothing. Will ask the oncologist and update
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Our Onc was adamant to wait 6 months from the 2nd shot and make sure it is a different one, so in Our case, NOT AZ.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    @arpie, that seems to be the common opinion. We will be due in February so should be well and truly covered for next winter !