Scanxiety - does it ever REALLY go away?

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,520
    edited October 2021
    Damn!!  Well, it ain't over til it's over .......Back from my Rad Onc report on the scans .....  I have to go back in a month for another ultrasound on my OTHER boob as they saw something 'small' that they want to have another look at. It was there last year apparently & first seen the year before ..... My Rad Onc said it is nothing to get concerned about - probably a cyst .... (she knows me well as she was on the receiving end of a melt down on my 1st year anniversary scans when I had to have a biopsy & the appts got stuffed up - eventually done on Xmas Eve!!)  So they are being ultra cautious .... just an US so far with a phone consult the week after (so that is a good sign)  ..... no biopsy mentioned ..... fingers & toes crossed another xmas/new year isn't ruined! Ai yi yi!! 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Why are they waiting another month ????  I guess if it has been seen and ignored for a few years they are not too concerned ?  If they wanted you back tomorrow I would be concerned.  As you say, the mention of an ultrasound in a month is not as worrying as a biopsy. Keep our fingers crossed.  💖
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    Hi @arpie, hmmm sounds like they aren't concerned but super cautious which is good. I guess if you wanted a biopsy you could ask them to do that. But if the rad oncologist isn't concerned sounds all ok. Let us know what happens next month with this.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    10 fingers and 10 toes that it’s nothing 🤞🤞🤞, which it most probably isn’t. You will not have another Xmas/NY ruined arpie 🍀💟
  • June1952
    Good news @arpie.  Hope it is reconfirmed by the Rad Onc.
  • Cath62
    Sounds great @arpie. Let us know how you go next week. 
  • arpie
    How did yours go @Cath62??  I hope all was good xx

FLClover Hopefully those crossed fingers & toes have worked,
  • arpie
    Got an early call from the Rad Onc today instead of tomorrow - she has a cold & needs to have a covid test & self isolate, so I got an early call today!!   

She said everything is fine on the US report with nothing looking sinister and no change from the earlier one ..... so absolutely nothing to worry about - but .... they will still be acting cautiously & suggested a followup US in Feb!  So that's where we are at.  All good!

• FLClover
    That’s great news @arpie!! I told you this Xmas wouldn’t be ruined!! 🥳🤩♥️
  • arpie
    How good is that @FLClover - I was sort of getting used to expecting it!  grrr xx

• FLClover
    @arpie Haha I know, but now you need to get used to expecting good results and enjoying the holidays, and other days too 😉🥰😘
  • June1952
    Fantastic news @arpie.  Now you can relax.  Good that they will follow up to keep an eye on things, too.  💖💖💖
  • Cath62
    Great news @arpie. I bet you feel relieved. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I don't imagine you had a celebratory drink?