Thriving Together – Living Longer, Living Stronger Virtual Conference: Thursday, 14 October 6-9pm

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November 2021 in General discussion
Good morning everyone,

BCNA are holding a virtual conference on Thursday 14 October, 6.00 - 9.00m AEST on metastatic breast cancer - Thriving Together – Living Longer, Living Stronger.

For many people, one of the hardest things to come to terms with when being diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer is the understanding that the disease is not going to go away. Over recent years, advances in treatment for metastatic breast cancer mean that more people are living better and living longer. Treatment for metastatic breast cancer is increasingly providing a wider range of options tailored to your individual circumstances, and leading to better outcomes. 

The reality is there is simply no one path for someone who is living with metastatic breast cancer. We know some people encounter long periods, even years of cancer stability with little disease progression, while others have a more difficult experience.

Many people find the unpredictable nature of how the disease will progress and the uncertainty of what lies ahead as the most challenging aspect of their illness. Others also find the lack of understanding by those around them regarding managing current, new and ongoing treatments and side effects a never-ending challenge. 

Join us for BCNA’s virtual conference on Thursday 14 October 14, 6–9pm to explore new treatments on the horizon for metastatic breast cancer and an in-depth look at the management of bone metastases. We will also explore advanced care planning, the importance of connecting with others for support to enhance control and reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness, and strategies to help you with ‘living’ with metastatic breast cancer. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to ask questions to the speakers at the end of each session.

Click here to register.

Event Details 

Date: Thursday, 14 October

Time: 6.00pm – 9.00pm AEDT 

Where: Online – from your computer, tablet, or laptop  

Your Local Time: 

WA: 3.00pm  

NT: 4.30pm

SA: 5.30pm 

QLD: 5.00pm 

ACT, NSW, TAS, VIC: 6.00pm 

Comments

• cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 699
    Is anyone else having trouble registering for this. I’ve tried on my pc and on my phone not sure why as I’ve not had a problem before 
  • Good morning @cranky_granny. Apologies to hear you're having issues! Some of the fields are mandatory, which means if the registration wont allow you to register unless it is filled out. If you're still having issues, please email me on events@bcna.org.au and I can register for you :)
  • cranky_granny
    thankyou @iharris i will give it another go on the pc tomorrow thursday if all else fails I’ll email you
  • cranky_granny
    @iharris i gave up and emailed you. 
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    The title of this thread caught my attention!  I thought it was about the COTA (Council Of The Ageing) exercise program, named Living Longer, Living Stronger. I guess using the same name was not intentional, 
    Living Longer Living Stronger Online - COTA Victoria

• Good morning everyone! 

Just a reminder this conference is on tonight at 6.00pm AEDT. If you're unable to attend, the on-demand link will be available to you tomorrow afternoon :)
  • Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 871
    Hi members,

The virtual conference recording is now available to view on demand. If you haven't registered already, you can still register to access the on-demand video https://kapara.rdbk.com.au/landers/8cd12e.html

It was another great, interactive and informative conference with over 690 registrations. Some of the frequently asked/mentioned topics of the three-hour event were:
    • How to manage resistance
      treatment with hormone blocking therapies
    • Immunotherapies and
      triple negative breast cancer
    • How to reduce the risk
      of fractures from bone metastasises
    • New drugs that enhance
      the action of chemotherapy in the cell
    • Uncertainty and fear of
      what might happen in the future
    • Support groups are a
      really important way to connect with others and reduce feelings isolation 
    Thankyou to all who registered and those who attended last night. We hope you were able to take away useful and supportive information from the session.