Back again.

Joyann
Joyann Member Posts: 2
After ten and a half years of having breast cancer in my left breast it has come back again in  my right breast. I have had the operation and the cancer and node have been taken out, now I am waiting to have the tattoos and radiotherapy.  I stayed with my oncologist and kept having the annual mammograms and ultrasounds, but this time I am on my own as my husband of over sixty years passed away two years ago this month.  With covid-19 and what you can and cannot do plus being alone also being very much up in age, it can be very lonely.  I have a daughter who lives in Sydney and she is my buddy, I am very lucky I hear frequently from my oldest son by phone also my sister in laws. My youngest son is not well but he is very loving and I assist him where I can, mainly by driving him to appointments.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    @Joyann - I am so sorry to see you here and the circumstances xx. And so sorry you don't have your husband by your side for support xx   Where abouts (town or city) do you live?  You can add it to your profile .... we may have members nearby for you to chat with & (after covid settles down) maybe catch up with for a chat & a coffee.

I am glad you have supportive family members, as that definitely helps.   It is your turn to sit back & be driven around .... if you are in regional areas & have to travel for your appointments, you may qualify for the Isolated Travel schemes that each state have available ..... they help with fuel and accommodation costs.  

Please check out this post for info for newbies ..... we even manage to have a bit of a laugh here, or show off our art & craft, fur kids & gardens ...... feel free to add your own pics & bits xx

Take care & all the best for your ongoing treatment xx

• Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @Joyann I'm so sorry to see you back here again.  I'm sorry for the loss of your husband as well.   Sending you a big hug.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,268
    Wow so sorry you are here again @Joyann and with such circumstances too. It must be really hard loosing your husband and you must miss him going through all this, especially being married 60 years.  It  is great your family are supportive. 

Do you have friends that will be there for you as well?  So hard these days with covid and restrictions and I think we can all get lonely. What things do you enjoy that you could do now to get through this time?

I think it is great you jumped on this site. It is so supportive. I don't think I could have got through my treatment last year without people here.

Let us know how your treatment is  going? Sending you lots of love 🌻
  • Joyann
    Joyann Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your words which I appreciate.  I am not very computer savvy but I try to get there.  I met ladies at the meetings at Erina Fair last time as I live at Kincumber on the Central Coast of NSW.