What pets do you have?

Comments

• kmcin28
    kmcin28 Member Posts: 63
    This is my dear little Sydi. I wish I had her when going through treatment. Bow is courtesy of my grandfather.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That's gorgeous @Cath62 - they reckon pets can actually 'smell' cancer too - some dogs have sniffed out moles on their owners, prompting them to get it checked & sure enough, melanoma.  In the USA, I think they've even tried training dogs up as 'cancer sniffers'!  xx

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @kmcin28 I bought my little girl as a gift to myself for completing treatment. Like you, I would have loved to have her whilst I was having treatment, but I didn't think that would be fair on her. I have a Frenchie who loves giving me cuddles and will not even eat her brekky or dinner until she has snuggled in to me.
  • Sue_w
    Sue_w Member Posts: 123
    edited August 2021
    Hi Everyone, great thread. We have three rescues. A small silver - grey cat named Leah. She was dumped at the vets as a kitten as she wasn't 'breed perfect'. Next was a malnourished kitten that I picked up late one night. Brenna is now fat, soft and queen of all she surveys. Lastly is our big boy Klunk. We adopted Klunk when he was 18 weeks old from a rescue group. He had already been rescued twice and was very traumatised. He's now 7 years old. He has the most gentle soul and is still scared of strangers. He's goof who howls when he's happy, hungry or excited and he has to get in the middle of every cuddle!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Read this story today, just fab

"Molly the magpie and Peggy the dog are a 'real-life Winnie the Pooh and Piglet story' - ABC News" https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100447022
  • BeauJ
    BeauJ Member Posts: 6

• BeauJ
    BeauJ Member Posts: 6
    Beau the whippet. My snuggle buddy….
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Lovely dogs! I still miss ours. 
  • Sue_w
    Sue_w Member Posts: 123
    Just read this article on 'Medium' and had to share it with you all. I know it brought a smile to my face, I hope it brings a smile to yours.
    https://medium.com/muddyum/we-shaved-our-maine-coon-the-dog-laughed-then-all-hell-broke-loose-in-our-house-4bb8cb1a4147
     :smiley:  
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    hahaha .... for those with dogs ...

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    too true !
  • Afraser
    My hairy cat, not happy with Melbourne humidity, slept in the bath tub last night. Now that’s a first! 
  • Afraser
    @June1952

Just a little too hard for me! He’s extremely furry so carries his own padding! But yes, very good at looking after their own comfort! Now the weather has cooled, he’ll be back on the lap or the bed.