Surgery on Thursday: Need sleepwear suggestions please

124»

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    You will get through this @Tasia Make sure that you start you exercises as soon as you are given the okay to do so - it's really important.
  • Sue_w
    Sue_w Member Posts: 123
    You can find good PJ's but it is not easy.
    I had a hard time trying to find any suitable sleep wear for hospital. Everything was either flannelette or had no buttons (t'shirt style), which is no good when you can't lift your arms! Big W was the first place I tried and I have to tell you I walked out of there angry and teary. (I mean if I couldn't handle finding some pyjamas, how was I going to handle the surgery and everything else?) Being covid times, it was the only one store I could get to and it had NOTHING suitable. I even tried the mens section to no avail!
    At home I looked on line. being frugal, I didn't want anything extravagant so I checked out all the usual stores. (Kmart, Target etc) Last of many, I checked out Best and Less. Eureka! They had 225 styles of women's PJ's on line and 2 of them were suitable - soft stretchy PJ's that had a button up shirt style top (not tight under the arms), and comfy, easy to pull on pants. Best of all they were only $28. The soft jersey material ment they didn't pull or catch when I moved in bed. They didn't snag my surgery site or drains and I got loads of compliments from the nursing staff. 
    Here's the link if you want to have a look:
    https://www.bestandless.com.au/Categories/Women's-Clothing/Women's-Pyjamas-&-Sleepwear/Women's-Pyjama-Sets/Womens-Button-Down-Jersey-Pj-Set/1125011?gclid=Cj0KCQjwu7OIBhCsARIsALxCUaMUP1UNJUS5UmxzGT7-aHsXXNib4q-67thT5kmhglFkW4S7i38BmEwaAkYOEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    It’s ridiculously hard! I finally found black elasticated waist bottoms with a pink and grey polka dot top with a front zip! Perfect. Didn’t notice that the hood on the top had little pink ears till I was in hospital. Amusing the staff is a nice thing to do though! Target, but it might have been a fluke. 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Is it any wonder that women visit the menswear shop to find something suitable ?
    Better quality fabrics as well !!!
    Have to check for a print which is not too 'male' but they are there .....