Hello Everyone I’m still here and great !

Sam09
Sam09 Member Posts: 149
I saw a message today Iser mentioned me stating I hadn’t been heard of for a long time. 

Well hellllllllooooo everyone .... five years 3 months into her 2 metastatic breast cancer and fighting fit. I moved to the beach at Marcoola bought 50 metres from the surfs edge and crazy love it. My heart sings living here and I believe it’s soothes my soul and has helped put me in the cancer free (fingers crossed cat) complete response from herceptin and perjeta I’m not sure if this will always be the case however I eat every day to nourish exercise is my medicine  I’m a big believer the healthier we are the better our body has the ability to fight and heal and I love my life here. 

I’ve missed you all however I don’t live and breathe cancer  anymore in fact apart from visiting the Mater for my treatment every three weeks I hardly ever think about it. I hope everyone is well and believe in their ability to take control of this disease. Xoxo   hugz to everyone 

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Pleased to hear!

@wendy55 mentioned you as well as
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Such good news @Sam09 - 50 metres from water sounds perfect to me.  Walking along the beach, listening to the waves, falling asleep to the sounds .... bliss.  Keep well.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    I don’t know you @Sam09 but i love everything I read in your comment 👌🏻👏🏻. I strongly believe in those things too. Glad to hear you’re happy and healthy 💟
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    SO glad you are in a happy space and doing so well, @Sam09 - that is SO good to hear xx
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Hello @Sam09,
    so very happy to hear all is good and yes you do get to a point where cancer is not the be all and end all I have a friend who is 10 years in with her2 , so no earthly reason why you shouldnt as well!!! I live about 60 meters from the beach but I cannot see it due to a incline/hill but can hear the water, its not a surf beach as we live near a bay so fairly quiet, lovely swimming beach and you can still drive your car on the beach here,I am still chugging away, do you still have your dog? take care in this crazy world we are living in, sounds perfect where you are,

wendy55
  • gumnut
    gumnut Member Posts: 1,055
    Dear @Sam09
    That’ wonderful news  :) 
    I’m 1 year & 10 months since my MBC diagnosis. It brings me great joy to hear how well you are keeping  <3<3
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @wendy55
    Sam has put up a comment about her dog in the Activity page that you may want to read